Mom Confessions

Anonymous
F*** my inlaws.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Anonymous
December 12, 2012 at 3:10 AM

I am so damn irritated.

\My husband and his brother own a business together. They can't leave town at the same time. Idk how many vacations we have had to cancel our plans because they planned their's on top of our's (KNOWING full well the dates our's were). His brother has had this year: 3 months off for the same exact back surgery that my husband NEEDS, also, at least 4 weeks off for various hunts, and 1  week off for a vacation with his wife. he's had a total of 4 months 1 weeks off of work this year. 

My husband has had 1 week off for our honeymoon, & 5 days off for his BROTHER'S hunt that he assisted him with because he has dogs (bear hunt), plus 4 days off for his own pursuit hunt. He actually cancelled his own other hunt due to business stuff. So, he's had a total of 2 weeks, 2 days off this year 

Now, please, tell me how in the hell this is fair!! I have not seen my family in 2 years because we have planned a trip to see them TWICE, and they have planned a trip on top of ours (BOTH of their families live right in town). MY family lives at least 1000 miles away.....up to 15 hours. When they do this, knowingly, we simply give in because SOMEONE has to be responsible and stay here on call. But, you know what? I'm FUCKING sick and tired of it!!!!! I'm sick of the unfairness.

The kicker is......they have ZERO children. It's just him and his wife....who are BOTH from here, and who's families are here. We have THREE children, and *I* am NOT from here. I am from 1000 miles away, and all of our family is 1000 miles away! 

Replies

• mmtosam06
    December 12, 2012 at 3:15 AM

:( I would just go and call the brpother when you're 8 hours away thast you guys won't be back for x amount of time and to not call

• Sassy762
    December 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Don't tell them.................just GO and when you get there call them and tell them you had to leave town for a few  weeks........problem and aggravation solved

• Eshadowgirl
    December 12, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Im with PP...Just go and then call them..tell them an emergency sent ya to YOUR family.....you'll be back in x amount of days.

Its certainly NOT fair....If DH cant stand up to his brother...then plan a trip without him. I know its not fair, but you need to see your family, and your kids need to see their grandparents and relatives.

Sounds like DH needs to make some changes, or stand up to his brother.

Hope things work out for ya

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 12, 2012 at 3:20 AM

This...

Quoting Sassy762:

Don' tell them.................just GO and when you get there call them and tell them you had to leave town for a few  weeks........problem and aggravation solved

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    They continually do it because you cave every time, stop rescheduling your stuff and make him step up. I understand wanting your dh to go with you but don't make him with you reliant on whether or not you see your family. The brother probably feels a massive sense of entitlement and always backing down just feeds into it.

Mom Confessions