Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Would you say something?
by Anonymous
December 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We have neighbors who, as people, we enjoy. But their parenting methods - particularly the male of this couple are really hard to watch.

We live in apartments so the walls are really thin and while the female of the couple is at work in the evenings we hear the male constantly yelling, shaming and talking to the children as if they were bad dogs. He swears and screams, like, constantly.

Their children always want to come over to my house and since I also have children I don't really mind. The  more the merrier, honestly.

Tonight, for the 3rd time, the littlest boy came over in a poopy diaper that had *obviously* been poopy for quite some time. It was dried on. He was in the bathroom trying to clean himself up. I helped him get cleaned up and gave him new clothes of my son's to wear.

I don't feel that the woman of the couple knows how ugly things are when she is at work. Her partner seems to be either completely ignoring the children while he plays video games (which we can hear through the walls) or yelling and swearing at them.

I feel that its neglectful but I'm a pretty hands on parent. Am I being judgy? Should I say something? If so what should I say that will help and not create anger and conflict? 

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    Talk to her about maybe you watching the kids. Either tell her the reason why, or make up something about the kids being very close and you'd love to have them at your place until she gets home. If you decide the truth is best, maybe you should record what you hear, have other neighbors tell her too.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I don't want to watch her kids for free. I don't mind a couple nights a week but I wouldn't want to commit to it 5 days a week unpaid and I know she couldn't afford to pay me.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM

you could try to talk to her or even record it and play it for her

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

So, talking to her is not out of line here? I hate confrontation but seriously, these kids get ignored or yelled at. That's not ok, right?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts