Mom Confessions

ninjakids
"I dont want my sons to be a a**hole"
December 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
This was my S/os exact words.

I plan on putting the boys in multiple classes ( hip hop dance class..because well its the most boy dance class and come kn, when they are older girls will love that they can dance ;) hahaha!)
A class for a musical instrument (of their choice)
A self defense class ( judo/boxing/tikwondo etc)
& a min. of one sport (again their choice)

My reason being to keep them busy. All of these will be good outlets & a way to form friendships...plus if they make it on a school team they are less likely to be bullied & will have to keep good grades . I plan on the self defense for three reasons..1 they will know legally they can not put their hands on another person as well as if they really took to it they would avoid most bad doings (drugs..underage drinking..because lets gace it you can talk until your blue in the face and some kids will still try ..key word some!) ...2. Most kids wont want to start a fight with them because they know they had some training..& 3 should a kid go after them if need be they can defend themselves.

& no i will not force my boys to stay in this programs etc if they are miserable in them they can drop them.

S/o thinks only a#%holes/douchebags do those things and that i will be turning them into that, i said im doing whats best for them... Yours guys thoughts?( this should be fun ).

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    Your so sounds like the asshole
  • ninjakids
    December 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    Haha hes a man..its a given jkk haha

Quoting Anonymous:

• happinessforyou
    December 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM

What is your S/O afraid of exactly? Kids that are too busy to get in trouble are wonderful! :) I say do it-and tell your kids to have fun!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Not its not.
    My husband is the typical mans man and he has never been an asshole.

Quoting ninjakids:

Haha hes a man..its a given jkk haha

Quoting Anonymous:

• JC2223
    by JC2223
    December 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Your SO sounds like a narrow minded douche bag asshole! DD has had lots of boys in her dance classes...it actually helps them do better in sports too.

• Emilytrademark

It sounds like you are trying to make them well-rounded, your SO needs some perspective!

• ninjakids
    He had a hardtime in highschool with the guys who played sports etc aka the "jocky" type guys (he was a computer nerd, graduated with an i.t. trade ). I told him Id rather the boys be a "jocky" person and not bully someone ( they will be in big trouble if they do ) & stick up for the kids being bullied then be bullied themselves. He seems to think they cant be "jocky" & a nice person at the same time.

Quoting happinessforyou:

What is your S/O afraid of exactly? Kids that are too busy to get in trouble are wonderful! :) I say do it-and tell your kids to have fun!

• ninjakids
    December 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    He had a hardtime in highschool with the "popular" kids...i think thats why he is so narrow minded to it, to him they cant be "jocky" without being a bully.

Quoting JC2223:

Your SO sounds like a narrow minded douche bag asshole! DD has had lots of boys in her dance classes...it actually helps them do better in sports too.

• ninjakids
    December 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    Thats another reason for it..plus i look at it as when they are older they can add those things to their college/university applications to show they can juggle multiple activites

Quoting Emilytrademark:

It sounds like you are trying to make them well-rounded, your SO needs some perspective!

• tntmomof2
    December 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM

My ds (11) is in dance, currently in boot camp training for his black belt, plays the sax, and has tried baseball, soccer, basketball, swimming, and gymnastics. 

Best thing I could have ever done for him. He's a ladies charmer, very sociable, intelligent (music is great for that), and can kick someone's ass if needed but has been taught in MMA how to control the situation first. 

Mom Confessions