Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm afraid I'll be turned off by him and am I selfish??
by Anonymous
December 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

My husband is trying to lose 100 lbs, give or take. He is a pretty big guy, around 280, although years ago he was RIPPED. He is losing pretty rapidly, and I am concerned about several things. 

First of all, I am worried that once he reaches his goal, he'll have loose, saggy skin from being overweight for so many years, and I'm worried that It will completely turn me off. 

Second of all, I have never known him to be ripped, fit and so forth. I have seen pictures, and it doesn't even look like him. Part of what attracted me to him, in the first place, was how big he is, and I'm afraid he'll just look too much different than when I fell in love with him.

Thirdly, I am afraid that he'll lose all this weight, beef back up, and want a prettier girl because he's no longer overweight. 

I'm horrible, right?

Replies

• Peaceful.chaos
    December 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    He's trying to weigh 80 lbs?
  • Armymom134
    December 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Why on earth would he want to weigh 80 pounds?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

My bad. Typo. He is 280 or so, right now. He wants to get down to around 185. Sorry! lol

Quoting :

• Arabellas_Mommy
    Not horrible, no. Have you talked to your DH about your concerns?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

He's trying to weigh 80 lbs?
  • BelleVernonGirl

Your husband is 180lbs trying to loose 100 lbs?  Da fuq?

LOL  Sorry..I get you girl

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Aaargh! It was a typo! He is currently around 280 or a bit more. His goal is around 185, and he's 5ft 9

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Your husband is 180lbs trying to loose 100 lbs?  Da fuq?

• Armymom134
    December 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My bad. Typo. He is 280 or so, right now. He wants to get down to around 185. Sorry! lol

Quoting :

If you work out in the right way, and don't loose weight too fast usually your skin will be just fine, unless you have been grossly overweight, then you might have issues.

• Cma30
    by Cma30
    December 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I think your fears r understandable.. Just remember to breath. Have you tried to talk to him?

• StoneColdKiller
    December 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Sounds like you have low self esteem and not sure how much you love your husband.

If you love him, really any way he looks will not be a turn off, and if he loves you he will not want anyone but you.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts