Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My husband is having/had an Emotional affair
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I don't know what to do I just found out my husband has been having an emotional affair. I caught him through text on our phone bill, he came clean right away and apologized said nothing physical happened and he would cut off ties.
I feel like the rug pulled out from underneath me, I have never had trust issues and frankly I don't really want too over think it but this is 1 of those things that really makes you question everything. my dad cheated on my mom so for me I just always assume the same thing will happen and now I wonder if it would have or will.
First he pushed the nothing physical happened thing but I explained how investing in somebody else leaves less for your relationship with your wife and messes up the trust.
Guess I just need to vent, not sure what the next step is. Part of me just wants to trust everything's fine but it's such a slippery slope and I hate to leave it open.kwim

Replies

• brittney28
    December 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    What's invisable text?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    [quote name="brittney28" id="0"]What's invisable text?[/quote
    It was suppose to say "through text" but after I saw the number over and over I checked his phone and found deleted history. So I suppose they were invisible.. kinda
  • Jers.
    by Jers.

sorry :(

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Who is the woman? Do they see each other? Not having the security of trust sucks! I would also be hesitant to believe anyhting he said. Did he tell you everything like how long it's been going on and all of that?

• KeheleyLayna
    December 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I hope it works out for you. Long story short, and leaving out a lot of drama.. I had an emotional affair with a guy other than my husband. It was the last straw for me, and I was ready for divorce, but for some reason, I had the feeling to give our marraige another try.. and it worked. we're happier than ever.

• Oceana09
    December 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

Who is the woman? Do they see each other? Not having the security of trust sucks! I would also be hesitant to believe anyhting he said. Did he tell you everything like how long it's been going on and all of that?

• supermomz25
    December 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can completely relate. My husband was having a couple of emotional affairs on facebook. I captured the conversations on my phone and I saved them. then I confronted him and I told him if he didn't knock this shit off then he would have a huge problem. he closed down his account and I had a long and loud "conversation" with him. he never did it again and I have forgiven him. but believe me, he knows that I keep a very close eye on him and he's well aware of it.

• samanthastaatss
    December 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I wouldn't believe him if he said nothing physical happened. He was already hiding something from you, I can promise you that he's most likely hiding more.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    Emotional is just as bad, if not worse then physical.

Neither are something I would be willing to work past.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Same thing happend to me today I feel like my world came crashing dowm he says he will vut the ties with her but I just can't trust him so I left I took all my things and just left . I am beyond hurt he did this to me.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts