Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Working moms have it harder.
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Mothers who work outside of the home have it harder than stay-at-home moms. In addition to working 40 hours a week or more they still have a family's laundry load, a house to clean, a household to run, children to feed and clean-up after etc.

If you agree post that you do below. If you disagree tell me what reasoning you have to support your argument.

Do working moms have it harder?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 43% - Sure do
  2. 17% - No
  3. 39% - It is equally as difficult

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    Oh boy do I agree about being a wah. I don't know you but when I say I worked from home I worked for an actual company, had a boss, schedules , meeting and deadlines

Quoting acrogodess:

I hit it's equally difficult. I've been both. I've also been a work from home mom. That was actually the hardest.
  • mommy2two25
    December 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    I've done both throughout the kids lives & I believe working is harder. When I was a sahm there was only so much I could do & found myself bored. Now that I'm working with both kids in school I am overwhelmed. There are not enough hours in my day to do everything. That is just me personally...
    Every family is different & what's hard or easy for me may not be for someone else!
  • banana-bear
    December 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I don't think it matters but one would think the house would be cleaner since people aren't in it all day. I think in some aspects it is easier to be a SAHM and in other aspects it's easier to be a working mom.

• reava
    by reava
    December 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    I couldn't be a sahm. It would drive me insane. I admire them. This debate is getting old.
  • RMB2011
    by RMB2011
    December 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    I think it all depends on your support system and how many children you have. I mean someone who's married with plenty of family and friends to help out with one kid is going to have it easier than say a single mom with 4 kids and no family or friends to help out.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    I, at one point, was a single mom, working 60+ hours a week. Being a sahm is a cakewalk conpared to that. I'm not saying it doesn't come without challanges, but it's absolutly not the hardest thing I've ever done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a sahm & I agree.

There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM and I think it is great that some women are blessed with the opportunity to do so! 

• evelynolivesmom
    December 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I've been a sahm, a working mom and now I am a wahm. Sahm was cake (I only have 1 kid) I had so much time, I learned to cook, bake, sew, crochet and I volunteered at the senior center, heck I even did the yardwork out of pure boredom. I had a spotless house and an over-attended child and dh got way too used to living with Martha Stewart. While working, I felt productive and I got out of the house. I loved being able to contribute financially again and have my own money. This only lasted 10 months, I missed dd so much and I was missing way too many milestones. The compromise- I am a wahm, now I do all of the above, it's incredibly hectic, but I love it, and luckily dh is a wahd now as well, win-win. 

• Fields456
    December 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    Work from home is so hard. That is what i currently do with my 1 year old home I think when I went To my office everyday it was much easier although it sure is nice to not have to pay daycare

Quoting acrogodess:

I hit it's equally difficult. I've been both. I've also been a work from home mom. That was actually the hardest.

• Miss-B
    by Miss-B
    December 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    Agree!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    If they are working that much then they shouldn't be home enough to make the messes sahms encounter.

Mom Confessions