Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Working moms have it harder.
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Mothers who work outside of the home have it harder than stay-at-home moms. In addition to working 40 hours a week or more they still have a family's laundry load, a house to clean, a household to run, children to feed and clean-up after etc.

If you agree post that you do below. If you disagree tell me what reasoning you have to support your argument.

Do working moms have it harder?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 43% - Sure do
  2. 17% - No
  3. 39% - It is equally as difficult

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
    It depends on that particular situation.
  • km1970
    by km1970

I have been a sahm, wahm, full time working mom and now a part time working mom. For me personally, working full time was much harder than any of the others.

• Kaelaasmom
    I have been both a working mom and a SAHM. In both situations, my husband and I have split the housework. For me, being a SAHM is harder because I have a hard time keeping to a schedule because I don't have deadlines and time constraints like I did when I was working.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Not necessarily. Working moms don't have little people making a mess out of their house all day because people are not home. I do think being a working mom is physically more demanding, but being a sahm is mentally more demanding. I think it also depends on what you do for work.
  • JaimieLynn8
    I think since everyone has their own unique situation, and their own opinion on what is "hard", there's no one answer who has it harder or easier.
    Would a SAHM of 8 have it "easier" than a working mom of 1?
    I think parenting in general is hard and it should just be left at that.
  • mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    I've done both. They're both hard.
  • PhoenixsMommy10
    December 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Or if the man takes on half (or more) of the household chores.

My brother and SIL have always worked since they got together, and my brother has always done the majority of the cleaning/laundry/etc. My SIL has it great, and too bad not all working moms have someone willing to help them like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

The only exception I can think of would be if there is a SAHD who is taking on the domestic responsibilities.

• xocoutureandco

Every situation is different!

• A.B.C.brown07
    As a working mom.....

Shut up.
  • acrogodess
    Yes. I was a home child care provider. I could barely get things done outside the house. It was in NYC and to break even I pretty much had to babysit 24/7.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acrogodess:

I hit it's equally difficult. I've been both. I've also been a work from home mom. That was actually the hardest.

I could see working at home being very difficult. Not only do you have to be a SAHM, but get your occupational work done as well.....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts