Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
RunningMommaof2
I don't understand how people can be SO disconnected from their kids.
December 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I was shopping at Toys r us today, and I was looking at the LaLaLoopsy dolls. The lady next to me started asking me questions about them, like what ages they were for and if they are a popular toy. I was like yeah, they are popular my 4 year old is just starting to get into them. And the lady was like "Oh, I wonder if my 15 year old would like this. I don't know what she likes any more." 

I just smiled and went on my way... but I was thinking damn lady, you must not know your daughter at ALL if you can even consider a LalaLoopsy doll as an appropriate gift for a 15 year old. How sad! 

Replies

• Birdie100
    December 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Sounds odd, but you never know maybe her daughter is growing up very slowly, you never know these days.  It's hard to believe her judgement would be that far off!

• MamaRae85
    December 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Innocent and sweet 80s girls. LOL No, I'm just kidding. I know they existed. I just always think of Madonna in the 80s. She was pretty vamp-y back then. =)

I know what you mean, though. I remember getting "cutesy" stuff when I was a teen and I just loved it. I think I would have loved a Lalaloopsey doll as a decoration in my room.

Quoting momtoallkids:

1980s lol

Quoting MamaRae85:

So....1762? lol

Quoting momtoallkids:

I played with barbies until I was 16 but that was back in a time when little girls were innocent and sweet and not dressed as littles vamps or sluts.

• -ZombieGirl-
    December 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

....I'm 23 and like them.

<_<

>_>

I also love Monster high dolls. lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I thought the same thing. Who the hell would get ANY 15 year old a lalaloopsey doll?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahahaha... wtf is a 15 year old gonna do with a LaLaLoopsey doll? People are crazy!

• Serenity7
    December 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

It is hard to understand anything if you are not in the situation

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts