Mom Confessions

RunningMommaof2
I don't understand how people can be SO disconnected from their kids.
December 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I was shopping at Toys r us today, and I was looking at the LaLaLoopsy dolls. The lady next to me started asking me questions about them, like what ages they were for and if they are a popular toy. I was like yeah, they are popular my 4 year old is just starting to get into them. And the lady was like "Oh, I wonder if my 15 year old would like this. I don't know what she likes any more." 

I just smiled and went on my way... but I was thinking damn lady, you must not know your daughter at ALL if you can even consider a LalaLoopsy doll as an appropriate gift for a 15 year old. How sad! 

Replies

• nerdymom28
    December 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

No kidding! If I got an AG doll I would probably go ape shit with excitement! lol

Quoting edelweiss23:

I am 32 and I still love American girl dolls!!!

No developmental issues here!

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

That's sad! My mil bought my SIL an American girl doll for Christmas one year... My SIL was almost 30. The thing is that my mil has some mental issues and really likes dolls, so she thinks everyone else does too.

Quoting poeticrose09:

My mom kept trying to buy us toys for little kids even thou we asked her not to. She wasnt right in the head from all the ECT that was done.

• edelweiss23
    December 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    Lol me too!

Quoting nerdymom28:

No kidding! If I got an AG doll I would probably go ape shit with excitement! lol

Quoting edelweiss23:

I am 32 and I still love American girl dolls!!!

No developmental issues here!

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

That's sad! My mil bought my SIL an American girl doll for Christmas one year... My SIL was almost 30. The thing is that my mil has some mental issues and really likes dolls, so she thinks everyone else does too.

Quoting poeticrose09:

My mom kept trying to buy us toys for little kids even thou we asked her not to. She wasnt right in the head from all the ECT that was done.

• wrensong
    December 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Wheather her daughter is SN or not, it is sad that she has no idea what her daughter likes.

• MommyGray83
    December 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I would like one at 15 years old. I was still playing with dolls.

• LoveMyLos
    December 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    Theres a mom on here who collects them.
  • momtoallkids
    December 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

1980s lol

Quoting MamaRae85:

So....1762? lol

Quoting momtoallkids:

I played with barbies until I was 16 but that was back in a time when little girls were innocent and sweet and not dressed as littles vamps or sluts.

• RunningMommaof2
    December 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    It's another story if you collect them. This mother clearly just didn't know her daughter though.

Quoting nerdymom28:

My mom buys me a Barbie every year at Christmas...I collect them, and DD and I get them out and play with them together every now and then. I'm a grown woman and I love me some Barbies!! Call me weird if you must...it won't bother me a bit! :)

• RunningMommaof2
    December 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    Thank you! That's my point! Lol

Quoting wrensong:

Wheather her daughter is SN or not, it is sad that she has no idea what her daughter likes.

• GreenAndLean
    December 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    My parents didn't know me at all at 15 so who knows.
  • nerdymom28
    December 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

But really...do you know this lady or her daughter? Maybe her daughter likes that kind of thing. You really don't know, so why make assumptions? Why even care at all in the first place? I mean, she's the girl's MOTHER and you are a STRANGER. So I'm willing to bet she at least knows her daughter better than you do.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

It's another story if you collect them. This mother clearly just didn't know her daughter though.

Quoting nerdymom28:

My mom buys me a Barbie every year at Christmas...I collect them, and DD and I get them out and play with them together every now and then. I'm a grown woman and I love me some Barbies!! Call me weird if you must...it won't bother me a bit! :)

Mom Confessions