Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is this a normal letter to get from the kids school?!?!?
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Good Morning Parents,

It has been a tradition at   ------------ to give the teachers $$$ to spend while our little ones are waiting for Santa to arrive. 

I would like to start a collection this week through Tuesday of next week.  If everyone could please bring $20.00 per child this would cover giving both (teacher 1)and (teacher 2) $200.00 each.  As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

It is the Holiday spirit and there is no time like now to thank those who watch over our little ones while we are at work. 

This collection would only be for our room teachers. 

I hope that we can count everyone in again this year.  Please drop a check ( preferably ) for $20.00 in an envelope in Hunter’s box at school.  Again, I will start collecting today through next Tuesday.  That way, we can give it to them during our classroom party right after the performance.

Thank you all in advance for giving!

Xxxxxxx

Replies

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    December 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Oh no way.  Get your own gift for them.

• Youngmother456
    December 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    This.

Quoting outtamymynd:

I have never seen anything like that. Wth?

• mommybug77
    December 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    No not normal nor is it tactful.
  • Katrina316
    They did this at my dd's school last yr. We have a class parent and she was asking for $20 from each family for the teacher as a gift. There were 26 students in the class last yr. Do the math. That was a lot of money. Too much.
  • MommyGray83

They must have lost their minds. That could have been worded way better. To me it doesn't sound like you have a choice on the amount or anything. It should have been, since our teachers work so hard with the children all year, we would like to show them some appreciation. We would like to ask each parent for a donation. In the past each parent has donated $20, but any amount is appreciate, or a gift. Let's give our teachers a little holiday cheer and maybe some spending money as the children are away waiting for Santa Claus.

• Love060708kids

Never heard of this.

• Mamasgirl524
    This is a daycare?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

Who the hell wrote this letter??!!

It's from another parent that's taking up a collection to give them after the christmas play

• maass1981
    December 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Is this a school or daycare?Saying they are watching you kids while you are at work makes it sound like a daycare.  Either way, you are not personally responsible for their bonus.  Their employer is responsible.   Those are my thoughts.

• Mom2Phoenix2011

unfortunately, I have been seeing a lot of letters going around that are soliciting money and presents for teachers. One of my friends received her sons teachers gift lists, the list included perfume restaurants and massage parlors. It is getting out of hand and I find it ridiculous to solicit money or gifts for a teacher.

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8

Why the hell does the teacher get $200 just for Christmas? If the school feels the teachers need to get some kind of bonus then they should pay for it themselves. That's bullshit.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN