Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is this a normal letter to get from the kids school?!?!?
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Good Morning Parents,

It has been a tradition at   ------------ to give the teachers $$$ to spend while our little ones are waiting for Santa to arrive. 

I would like to start a collection this week through Tuesday of next week.  If everyone could please bring $20.00 per child this would cover giving both (teacher 1)and (teacher 2) $200.00 each.  As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

It is the Holiday spirit and there is no time like now to thank those who watch over our little ones while we are at work. 

This collection would only be for our room teachers. 

I hope that we can count everyone in again this year.  Please drop a check ( preferably ) for $20.00 in an envelope in Hunter’s box at school.  Again, I will start collecting today through next Tuesday.  That way, we can give it to them during our classroom party right after the performance.

Thank you all in advance for giving!

Xxxxxxx

Replies

• outtamymynd
    December 10, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    I have never seen anything like that. Wth?
  • mickstinator

that would put me off. i don't like that kind of obligated solicitation. i get that it's for a good cause, but way to put everyone in a monetary confinement. 

• KairisMama
    Wtf? No. Give if you want, and what you can. That's just greedy. I teach too. :)
  • PinkyPan

Wow! I have never seen such a request like this before.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Dude no, no way in hell. I am all for giving out of the kindness of my heart to a teacher, but to have a letter sent home begging for money, that is not okay with me. Not all families can afford to donate.

• Hannahluvsdogs
    December 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    $20 is a lot to ask.
  • indymom72
    December 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM

yeah......NO.....lol..that's a first for me.

• KailesMommy
    Um i would call the school and talk to them about that. Something seems off with it other than asking for money.
  • Mamasgirl524
    As well, if you want to bring them something else please feel free to do so.

Who the hell wrote this letter??!!
  • quietbookworm

We have never gotten a letter like that.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts