Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Might have to deliver early.. Really scared..
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 6:53 AM
I'm 37 weeks & 5 days and I've been having a few problems in my pregnancy and the other day when I had a hospital trip (I had dizzy spells, spotty vision,headache that wouldn't go away and really feeling like throwing up).

Come to find out I have protein in my urine (my blood pressure was fine)

I was told by the Dr that I have to come back and do it again, the dizzy spells, spotty vision, feeling really sick & headaches have not gone away since, I was told that if the protein is still there that they have to deliver me.
As much as I'm happy for being able to see my daughter, I'm scared shitless about what's going to happen.

Do they c-section you or put you on meds to induce? What has everyone's experiance been with this?
Can someone help me with not being so scared?

Replies

• TheMrs407
    December 10, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I had pre-e and they wanted to induce me.  DD's heart rate kept dropping, so I had to have a csec, but I do not think that is typical.  Nearly 38 weeks is considered full term by most doctors so baby should be fully developed and have few problems.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    as long as baby is head down they will induce with meds. they may even do a test to see that babys lungs are matured, or they may give you the steroid shots to help them mature.

being induced does make labor more intense, the contractions are more painful and longer and closer together once you really get going! chances are you will be bed bound so they can monitor babys heart rate.

but it sounds like you may have pre-eclampsia and thats super dangerous to you, only cure is to deliver! my best advice, if your getting an epidural, get it asap!
  • keisha613
    December 10, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    They induce you but it usually ends up in s c-section because baby isn't ready. They'll tell you baby is too big, or you're too narrow, but the real reason is baby isn't ready. I've only been induced in 1 of my 5 pregnancies. It still was a vaginal delivery because I demanded they didn't give me too much medicine and I refused the epidural. It's harder to give a woman a c-section without an epidural. Be an infomed patient and everything will be fine.
    Oh, I didn't notice the pre-e. That's a valid reason to be induced. Good luck. I'm sure everything will be fine. Congrats on the new baby.
  • CupOfCake88
    December 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    I was borderline pre-eclamptic with my first and had to be induced. They gave me pitocin in an IV to start contractions. Everything went fine and my daughter was healthy as can be. It'll be alright. Don't stress.
  • ILoveMyFam
    December 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    With my 2nd I had to be induced at 37 weeks to the day for elevated liver enzymes (also no high BP). Induction was successful, dd was born vaginally weighing 6 lbs 8 oz and was perfectly healthy. GL!
  • AubreeGrace17
    December 10, 2012 at 7:11 AM

37...almost 38 week is not "early". 37 weeks is full term. I HATE when peopl think if you give birth before your due date that you are prematurely going into labor. With that said, your doctor will induce you. And you will be fine.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Both of my babies where born early - 34 weeks, 5 days and 36 weeks, 1 day. Both are happy and healthy now! mY 34 weeker had to go to the nicu for a little while, which was no fun, but I am glad that they are both happy and healthy. You are close to being full term. 38 weeks is considered full term so your baby should be ok. Good luck! 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    I was induced with my last due to a serious medical condition he had. My nurse warned me that labor could take 2 days. Not once did anyone mention a csection. It generally isn't what's best for mom or baby. That being g said, it was my easiest labor. The longest (22 hours instead of 8 or 12 like the other 2) but the easiest. Good luck mama!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts