Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Maria_Peanut
Cigarettes
December 10, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Do you smoke? Used to? How did you quit?

DH picked it up from a friend last year when i was pregnant. It's disgusting and drives me nuts because he stinks. DD just turned one and she loves giving kisses. But i don't like her being in his face after he smokes because he's up to about 6-8 a day and doesn't bursh his teeth after every one. It makes me feel bad :/

How can i help him quit?

Oh, and he has the nastiest cough in the world now. It's disgusting! I love him dearly, but this habit has to go :/

Replies

• cklamour
    December 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM
    Congrats on being smoke-free! I had to laugh at your day three comment. That day is the worst! I tried smoking thyme in tp I was so desperate lol, then I looked at myself and started laughing. I don't know what makes day three so difficult. My actual cravings didn't stop for almost six months and I never went as crazy as day three lol

Quoting Kimsd:

Whie Chantix can help, it definitely isnt for everyone. It can have some pretty nasty side effects. Be sure you two fully understand them before he starts taking it, if he decides he wants to quit.

I quit almost 11 months ago, took Chantix for a couple days, it made me feel like doodoo in the mornings, about the third day it actually made me sick. I stopped taking it. I smoked over a pack a day for 12 years and quitting actually wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. It helped me to look at the benefits of quitting any time I REALLY wanted one.

The third day is about the hardest.. if he can make it through that, he has a very good chance of being successful. Make sure you let him know you really want him to quit and show him a website with all of the benefits of quitting.

Good luck!
  • SOCO101
    by SOCO101
    December 10, 2012 at 4:26 AM

He's gonna have to really want to quit before you can help him. Don't push him, just be as supportive as you can. I quit when I was pregnant with dd. The morning sickness made it much easier. Now that I'm pregnant again, I'm in the process of quiting now. I'm down to about 6 or less a day. And the morning sickness is again making it very easy. I've heard a lot of good things about chantix, since your dh probably won't be able to simulate the queasiness that comes along w/ pregnancy, lol! GL!

• MrsCountryMama
    December 10, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    I smoked for about 10 years I quit cold turkey it was stresssful but not as bad as I thought, I picked up excercising instead, everytime I had a bad craving I would workout instead.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts