Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Men Get No Choice?
by Anonymous
December 10, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Here's a question:

Man and women get pregnant. One night stand condom broke whatever they tried to prevent it pregnancy but it didn't work out. Man wants her to get abortion or adoption she wants the kid. He's not interested in being a father but she won't allow him to sign off his rights. 

She forced him to be a 'father' by putting his name on the BC. 

If I've got this right then by most CM standers he's a POS father because he didn't want the kid to start and has no options or say in his ability to be a father or not. Mother can rape him over with child support etc and she's supported to do so. 

Now switch it. Women doesn't want the kid. Gives the kid up for adoption (without telling the father period) or has an abortion. Father doesn't get a choice.

No one takes shit out on the mother when she has her choices to make and makes them. But a man is forced into whatever choice the women makes not being able to sign off his rights or just walk away without him being an asshole or a jerk. What if there's real reason he wants or needs to walk away? Is this fair?

Fair?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 24% - Yes
  2. 64% - No
  3. 10% - Other explain!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    I don't think men should have a say because they are not the ones who has to go through the pregnancy and delivery..I don't believe in abortion though unless it's because of rape or medical needs.Men need to man up and take responsibility for their actions so If they make a baby they need to help take care of it.
  • angevil53
    December 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    Wow couldn't have said it better myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

First off, no women can Sign a father on the birth certificate. If that was te case, Channing tatum would've been the father to all 3 of my children. The father must be there and sign himself.

Second, questions like this are a dead end and if you want to question fairness then people should take it up with GOD, who made women then child bearers. There is absolutely NO way to make child bearing and responsibility 100% fair. Yes it sucks men don't have a say so, but you know what else sucks? The fact that a father can walk away from a child and be only ordered to pay money, yet a woman walks away from their child and they are facing neglect charges! Crimes that are commited against children in the household where the mother is sentenced TWICE more harsh than the father because the mother is supposed to be the "instinctive" one.

People just need to give it a rest.when men are able to carry a bear a child, maybe the laws will be "fair". Until then, there will always be a biased system and the only 100% solution to the problem is to stop fucking random people.

Life isn't fair, deal with it!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I think men should be allowed to leave

• autodidact
    December 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

the place where his judgment or honesty comes into play is a claim on his part that contraception is covered; i.e. he is sterile. just like when a woman tells a man she's on the pill. at that point it's up to the individual to decide whether they trust their partner sufficiently to not use their own form of contraception. 

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting kidlover2:

This! If he wants to have sex then he needs to be able to.deal with the consequences just like the mother whether it is abortion, adoption, or keeping it. He chose to have sex with a woman where he supposedly should trust her judgment.

Quoting autodidact:

He had a say in whether to have sex, and to either NOT discuss beforehand what they'd do in the case of an unwanted pregnancy, or to trust that she was being honest about where she stood on the matter

By the same token, SHE chose to have sex with a man where she should supposedly trust his judgement. The argument goes both ways.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    The problem is that you can't force a person to go through a medical procedure. It's inconstitutional.

Quoting Anonymous:

If women can use the "my body, my choice" argument and decide to abort against the wishes of the father then I think the father should use a "my wallet, my choice" approach if the woman chooses to have the child against the wishes of the father. 

• autodidact
    December 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Is anyone arguing that they should be forced to stay? If you mean not take financial responsibility for the raising of their child, why do you think it's NOT their resonsibility?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think men should be allowed to leave

• LucyHarper
    December 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

While I agree about the abortion part of it, it isn't legal to give the child up for adoption without the fathers consent. I get that it happens and is possible, but it is not legal, a father can do things to illegally get rid of a child as well. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts