Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How many kids to a room?
by Anonymous
December 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My DH's sister has a lot of kids. Because of this multiple kids share rooms. I think it is a bit much to expect a 6th grader, 4th grader and 2nd grader to share a room together.... 

How many kids would you be willing to put in a room together?

My kids all have separate rooms and that is how I was raised so maybe multiple kids per room is common and I am just naive.

Replies

• Tara922c
    December 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I only have one kid, so she does have her own room. I would want all of my kid's to have their own rooms, but you have to make due with what you have.

• alexsmomaubrys2
    December 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I don't see a problem with it, you do what you have to do.

Our kids have their own rooms but shared before we bought this house.

• Anonymous 10
    by Anonymous 10
    December 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM
    We had a 2 bedroom. When I found out we were expecting number 3. We enclosed an area to make a 3 room. So now my 14 year old has her own room and my 8dd and 3dd share. 2 in a room is plenty
  • spooky415
    I liked sharing with my cousins...It was fun and we're still really close even today. My aunts and uncles shared rooms and they enjoyed it too and are really close to this day.

You know who DIDN'T share a room? My mom's side. And they're all fucked up in the head and selfish.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am smart ENOUGH to only produce the off springs we can actually AFFORD and provide them rooms so they all have their OWN room.

• pattya925

I have a family member dealing with this right now... relationship fell apart, lost the shared housing, financially cannot afford to get a large enough place for separate bedrooms.. Daughter is 2, son is 9 months...   And again, I say, who cares?? When they are that small, does it really matter?

Quoting Anonymous:

What about boys and girls sharing rooms? At what point/age does that become unacceptable, or does it?

• Summerlion1123
    December 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    This is pretty much how I feel about it, although sometimes the unexpected happens.

Quoting thetrollcat:

The solution is simple, dont have more kids than you can afford and provide for. Putting three kids in a room is absurd. Putting teenagers with younger kids is INSANE. Stop having kids if you cannot afford the room and space for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I had more kids, I would try to stick to 2 kids per room, and keep it. As close together in age as possible. We have three kids, each has their own room. 

Pit isn't always possible to have a larger home with more bedrooms,  though. If my only option were to have 3 in a room, then that is what I would do. 

• kmjmlj
    by kmjmlj
    December 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    1 and only 1. Our rule is our room each kid room plus a playroom
  • Anonymous 11
    by Anonymous 11
    When I was growing up, my family lived at my aunts smaller sized four bedroom home for awhile. There were five of us kids in one room (boys and girls) aged 9-2, the two babies in the respective parent's rooms. Then all the toys were in the other room.
  • thetrollcat

oh bullshit. I had my own room, my hubby had his own room we are not selfish assholes or fucked up in the head.

Give me a break.

Quoting spooky415:

I liked sharing with my cousins...It was fun and we're still really close even today. My aunts and uncles shared rooms and they enjoyed it too and are really close to this day.

You know who DIDN'T share a room? My mom's side. And they're all fucked up in the head and selfish.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am smart ENOUGH to only produce the off springs we can actually AFFORD and provide them rooms so they all have their OWN room.

• Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    I would be willing to put 2 together if I absoultly had to, I think a child's room should be a place for them to be able to go for some privacy, my kids have their own rooms.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts