Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Teens who get married are doing it just because they got pregnant!
by Anonymous
December 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Were you married as a teenager?

Why did you get married so early? You could be having fun in your twenties instead of paying bills!!

Did you just get married because you got pregnant and you felt as if you had to? Are you divorced now??

Post your teen wedding pics! 

Replies

• ARmomOf3
    December 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I can't answer personally but my mom got married at 17. She didn't get pregnant until 3 years later.

• brittany208
    December 9, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I didnt get pregnant/married til 23/24, so it doesnt apply to me. But DH's parents got pregnant in HS and are still happily married all these years later.

• tifbrown
    December 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I got married at 19, it was 13 days before my 20th birthday. While I was pregnant, pregnancy was not the reason for marriage. We had planned to get married the following summer, but with a baby on the way we bumped it up a year. No one pressured us and we didn't feel forced. We didn't want to live together before marriage, so it all kind of fell into place. We have been married almost 4.5 years, have 2 beautiful girls and are very happy. 

• mstricey
    December 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    My friend married his wife when she was 18 and he was 22. They are 20 and 24 now and still no kids.
  • samanthastaatss
    December 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I think teen weddings are kind of pointless, I don't know what the big rush is. Why not wait until you're both able to have a decent wedding and get to know each other better? I personally would rather break up with someone rather than go through a divorce at 17 or 18..

• Love060708kids
    December 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Not me.

We were married at 18, we had our first child when we were 20.

We married young because he was going into the Army and we needed all the paperwork done to make the moves easier.

We are still married.  We've been married 9 years now.  We don't have any wedding pics but this is what we looked like :)

• Sassy01
    by Sassy01
    December 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    I was young when my dh and I got married, but my mom and dad got married she was 19 and my dad was 29. I didnt come along until my mom was 23.
    And they are still married 51yrs this month.
  • thetrollcat
    December 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I never got married or screwed the school while I was a teen, thank pugs for that

• ChrissyReznor
    December 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    I got married at 19,but I didn't have my first baby till I was 25. Sometimes u find the right person at young age and want to start your lives together asap
  • MomOfTwins...
    December 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I was 19 (4 months from 20th birthday), dh was 23. We were pregnant with twins, although we only knew about one of the boys. We got married because we wanted to. It was being planned prior to the pregnancy. This January will be our 7th wedding anniversary, now we have 3 kids ages 6, 6, and 4. Our marriage is great, our communication is great, and we work well with each other!

He and I still manage to have fun with each other, even after being married and having kids!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts