Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Potluck tomorrow at work. Please help
by Anonymous
December 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

So tomorrow's our holiday potluck. I guess for some people this is exciting, but for me, it's something that I always dread.

I work with someone that is so nasty. She barely combs her hair, chipped fingernail polish and is just gross. We work in a healthcare setting and I've seen her do some  pretty disgusting things. I've even called her out on a few things. I have to figure out how to avoid putting anything that she prepares on my plate. I have to be very discrete about it because, in the past, I've noticed how she watches what I put on my plate. She makes comments, which is totally ignorant to me, but, whatever, she is who she is.

This is a small cry for HELP. Any suggestions?

Replies

• slvr115
    by slvr115
    December 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Find something in her dish you can be 'allergic' to...
  • Lunarprancer
    December 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Don't put her stuff on your plate.  If she's eyeing you you could claim an allergy issue.  Or, fill up your plate and put her stuff on a different plate.  Or, fill up before you go and don't eat.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Just be honest with her.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Quoting slvr115:

unless she puts penicillin in her chicken, I'm screwed LOL

• beerebelly
    December 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Just pick the items you want? Seems simple.

• moosesmom
    December 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    Ask her what she made and then DON'T put it on your plate.
  • youknowimloved
    December 9, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I have no patience for that kind of thing.

If she said anything to me, I would just tell her I'm very cautious of my immune system.

• elephantmamaof2

Just don't put it on your plate and if she asks why just tell her you're not crazy about whatever her dish is. But maybe you should speak to a supervisor about her hygiene issues?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Don't put her stuff on your plate.  If she's eyeing you you could claim an allergy issue.  Or, fill up your plate and put her stuff on a different plate.  Or, fill up before you go and don't eat.

I like the idea of filling of my plate and putting her stuff separate LOL... this may work for me. Afterwards, I'll just throw her stuff out and then say "That was so good, how did you prepare it" LOL You know how office politics is.

• slvr115
    by slvr115
    December 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    I mean fake it..."oh, are there onions in this? It looks great, but they make me soooo sick". Get it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting slvr115:

unless she puts penicillin in her chicken, I'm screwed LOL

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts