Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
catfish!
by Anonymous
December 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM
have you ever caught one?

I'm watching the show and it made me wonder has anyone here ever caught someone not really being honest about who they are online?

If you were close to them like in Nev's situation, could you forgive them and move forward and get to know the real them or not?

Replies

• Jaxsonsmama2009
    December 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    I got caught up with a guy I met on MySpace. I suspect now it was either a female or a young teenage kid. It was just like the show. We talked on the phone all the time but he was full of excuses every single time we were supposed to meet. Car wrecks, illnesses, deaths in the family, etc. It's so obvious to me now but it's amazing what a person can really fall for. I was very lonely and unhappy at the time.
  • ButterMeUp
    December 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    Thankful I have not be in that situation. I love the show though.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    No, but when I was younger and talked to online people I would usually ask to webcam so you actually see them.
  • spastic_poodle
    December 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    I flew out to Arizona to meet a man I'd been talking to for about a year. The guy had been showing me very old pictures. He was fat and bald with a hunhback. I tried to give him a chance but he was very controlling and tried to buy my love. He literally stalked me for years after I told him I didnt want to see him again. It was scary.
  • lovelyladybump
    December 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Nope. I can't say I've ever been in that position. I've met two friends online and I was fortunate enough that they were who they said.
    If I were ever in Nevs situation I don't know if I could be as forgiving as he was.
  • SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    December 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    Nope
    I saw the show yesterday and cant believe this chick wasted 2 yr with someone and she never got to see them in those 2 yrs!
    Or the oher one who dead set to marrying him and never met him and it turned out to be a girl
    Thats crazy
  • CeeGee81
    December 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I used to own a chatroom on a chat site and we have caught a few catfish...one was a woman who everyone just fell in love with, all the women adored her and the men fell head over heels in love.  She started a couple "online" relationships with a couple of the guys and when she backed out of meeting them/going on cam etc......one of the guys actually hired someone to track her down.

It turns outs she was a 56 yr old woman pretending to be her own daughter who was 23!!!!!  The guy got in contact with the daughter and found out that her mother had been doing this for years on various chat sites.  It was a sad situation...a lot of people got hurt

• CeeGee81
    December 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I LOVE the show btw

• .thatsme.
    December 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    I haven't been in that situation. Everyone I've ever met online was the person I had been talking to. But I enjoy the show. :)
  • MrsRussell1025
    December 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    I've never been in that situation but I do love the show.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts