Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Hes always there!
by Anonymous
December 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM
S/O is always stuck under my feet. Not sure how much longer i can take it. Hes currently a Sahd, but he REFUSES to go out ... EVER. So he is always cranky and miserable, and I cant take it much longer. I feel like he is always in my face and I dont want us to separete but I need him to gtfo of the house for even one night a week. However apparently to him that makes me crazy. Oh hey sorry that most guys would kill for their girlfriends to let them go out let alone tell them to. It hit a point earlier that i almost packed a bag and left with the kids to stay at my moms house just to get away from him. No he is not abusive, he is just shack whacky and I honestly dont know what else to do. Ive told him this a hundred times amd he just does not listen. How can i get him from under my feet?

Replies

• redhead-bedhead
    December 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Why don't you go out?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM
    I do, but that doesnt stop him from being shack whacky. The problem is he refuses to go interact with other people besides me & he doesnt understand how its affecting his mood ( i know because at one point it was reversed. )

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Why don't you go out?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Maybe he has nowhere to go, no good friends?  No extra cash to spend?  It's pretty darn lonely and depressing if you have nowhere to go, nobody to see and no extra money to spend.

• divinedimension
    December 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Well I have a lot of experience in this dept because my DH is also a SAHD and has been off and on throughout our marriage. For awhile, he seemed to not adjust well to it or enjoy the role or even be very good at it for that matter. During this time he felt trapped in the role. It was immascuating and depressing to him. He's getting better and finally enjoys it more. 

It either gets better or much worse. Give it time and see how he does. YOU need to be the one to get out of the house, also. You can't make him get out. But the more YOU get time away, the more he will see you are serious about needing some space. Also, get into your bedroom and be in there alone. Tell him it's your alone time. It's healthy. Every psych doc agrees that ALL couples need alone time and a good amount thereof.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM

OMG I know exactly what you are going thru I am so ready to just kick his ass out. Fuck come on new years roflmao

• Anonymous 1
    December 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM
    He gets invited out all the time, I always make sure he has money even if its just for a coffee.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he has nowhere to go, no good friends?  No extra cash to spend?  It's pretty darn lonely and depressing if you have nowhere to go, nobody to see and no extra money to spend.

• redhead-bedhead
    December 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Does he have any friends?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do, but that doesnt stop him from being shack whacky. The problem is he refuses to go interact with other people besides me & he doesnt understand how its affecting his mood ( i know because at one point it was reversed. )

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Why don't you go out?

• Anonymous 1
    December 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    He has more then i do :(

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Does he have any friends?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Why don't you go out?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN