Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Stop popping your kid
by Anonymous
December 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I went to a baby shower today, and a girl there had an 11 month old. Seriously, like every 5 minutes she was saying "pop him" about something else. Seriously...wtf? He's 11 months old.

My dd was sitting in the floor playing and he walked up and hit her on the head...so what does mom do? Pops him. And says "idk where he learned to hit"....umm...probably from you....I just don't understand some people

Replies

• mylovey
    by mylovey
    December 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I would never physically punish my child/children, especially not baby. 

• Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Lol - ok anonymous.

I have opinions, but I am far from self righteous.

Sadly, I don't engage in name calling exchanges with some one so feeble they have to hide behind the "anonymous cloak" to state their opinions.
  • Stephd710
    December 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    I didn't baby proof either. I've got two year old twins and never has either of them tried to stick their finger in a light socket, flushed stuff down the toilet, or gotten into cabinets they aren't allowed to. I just started teaching them "no" very early. I also faked like the heater, sockets, etc really hurt mommy when I touch them and so far that has kept them away. Lol!

Quoting uriahadel:

I did it tp my nine month old who kept going to the light socket after telling her not to and repeatedly moving her, but she laughed and went back so yes I popped her on the hands... it was for her safety and she never did it again. She was walking at the time. She was also going for my breakable and was climbing so yes I had to protect and you can't baby proof everything and I don't believe in baby proofing, I believing in teaching a child not to do something. I have a six year old who I never baby proofed and she never had accidents and now I have a two year old and never baby proofed and she never had accidents because I was the parent and I watched her and disciplined her as needed... she is a very happy child, but she now knows what she can and cannot have

Quoting Anonymous:

You would do that to an 11 month old?

Quoting uriahadel:

Really??? You people need to grow up and know what violence is... popping for something unacceptable is not violence. Although I prefer putting them over my knee and giving them a good ole fashion spanking they will never forget

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Was she actually hitting him in front of your child?

If so, I would have said something. I don't want my kids exposed to violence like that. (And yes - I would call repeatedly hitting a baby violence).

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    I'm talking about a "good ol fashioned sparking that they will never forget" like you mentioned. Would you do that to an 11 month old?

Quoting uriahadel:

I did it tp my nine month old who kept going to the light socket after telling her not to and repeatedly moving her, but she laughed and went back so yes I popped her on the hands... it was for her safety and she never did it again. She was walking at the time. She was also going for my breakable and was climbing so yes I had to protect and you can't baby proof everything and I don't believe in baby proofing, I believing in teaching a child not to do something. I have a six year old who I never baby proofed and she never had accidents and now I have a two year old and never baby proofed and she never had accidents because I was the parent and I watched her and disciplined her as needed... she is a very happy child, but she now knows what she can and cannot have

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Really??? You people need to grow up and know what violence is... popping for something unacceptable is not violence. Although I prefer putting them over my knee and giving them a good ole fashion spanking they will never forget

Quoting Kris_PBG:

If so, I would have said something. I don't want my kids exposed to violence like that. (And yes - I would call repeatedly hitting a baby violence).

• Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

You just attempted to have a "your momma" come back.

I don't think you know what condescending even is if that is your "go to" move.

There has been no condescension here, although I'm sorry I didn't want to stoop down to "your momma" type responses when pointing out something amusing and ironic.
  • Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    Quoting uriahadel:

Wow - name calling and it is not even 9 yet - how special!

You have your ideas on what constitutes violence I have mine.

The good news is we don't have to agree.

You are the only one resorting to nastiness, however.

• embersparkle
    December 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    Umm it's not like she grabbed him and threw him against a wall. Smh at all the women in this post calling spanking violence. Spanking is legal in Tennessee as long as no marks and bruises are left. And if someone is spanking their child hard enough to leave a bruise of course that's abuse. I called our local DCS and asked them. The worker I talked to told me she even spanks her kids when it's needed. She also said its ridiculous that parents are afraid to discipline their children now a days because people feel its their right to butt in and call cps.
  • angevil53
    December 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    I only use the pop method for things that can hurt them like playing with electric outlets. But idc what others think of that. She no longer touches them.
  • Kris_PBG
    December 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm.. Not sure how that would be cliche.

Let me know when are ready to be "you" and not "anon".

Until then - toodles!
  • uriahadel
    December 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    My six year old didn't do any of that either but every child is different... my two year old is a little on the wild side, and she likes to adventure so she likes to take risks and if you tell her no that will hurt you, she goes for it even more. She is my fearless one... she will walk out into the pool and not think twice about it and she can't swim but she keeps doing, my six year old on the other hand won't get off the steps unless you hold her... every child is different in their own ways so don't be surprised if you get that one that is fearless and will do it regardless of what you say and do... spankings work for her and that is the only thing that works for her which is why I still do it... I rarely spank my oldest... I usually take her favorites away because that works for her, but sometimes which is rarely that I do need to spank her to get her back on track

Quoting Stephd710:

I didn't baby proof either. I've got two year old twins and never has either of them tried to stick their finger in a light socket, flushed stuff down the toilet, or gotten into cabinets they aren't allowed to. I just started teaching them "no" very early. I also faked like the heater, sockets, etc really hurt mommy when I touch them and so far that has kept them away. Lol!

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts