Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Male daycare provider?
by Anonymous
December 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Would you use a daycare who used a male teacher? Why why not?

Would you send your child to a daycare with a male teacher?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 68% - Yes
  2. 29% - No
  3. 1% - Other (please explain)

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

bump

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Two of the daycares I've used had a male owner/director who was very involved in the classrooms. They weren't actually teachers but they would fill in or do presentations, etc.  I actually found it very comforting and refreshing. You know there are times when those children need a male influence in their lives and maybe they don't have it at home.

I'm thinking of changing my current daycare because I don't like the wife. I adore the husband, I would invite him into my home (in a neighborly way, just in case that sounded shady).

• MommyAddie
    December 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    Nope. I don't care if its the Apostle Paul. I have a hard enough time thinking of leaving my baby with women, considering the shit that happens out there, there is just NO WAY I'm leaving my baby where there's a man.
  • wyldebtrfly
    December 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

One of the ECE workers in my daughter & son's preschool/ school aged program is male. He is amazing with all the children. My kids adore him.

• Unoriginal.
    December 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Wouldn't bother me
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

No, never.

• mummy1990

When I was in preschool, there was a male teacher, and I was messing around at nap time, which was wrong, but I was like 3-4 , and he got mad and yelled at me, and then I ran of course because I was scared, and he chased me, grabbed me, and shook me and told me not to tell anyone that he yelled at me. I told my mom and he got fired.

I wouldn't mind a male teacher, I would just not trust him unless I knew what kind of person he was.

• kngarber
    No and its bc of something that happened when I was little. Bash away.
  • Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    December 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Nope, not for daycare. I know it's sexist. I don't care.

• youknowimloved
    December 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I have men in my life that I would trust with my children's very lives. I don't see why I wouldn't accept a male daycare teacher at a licensed center. Womencan be abusive or pedos. It's not just sexist...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN