Mom Confessions

LCWAmommy
I hope the teacher doesn't think I made this.
December 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

My daughter has to make an insect for a school project. They could pick any insect they wanted and use any materials they wanted. My daughter choose to do a rhinoceros beetle. So I figured foil and paper mâché was our best bet. She did most of the shaping of the foil then I stuck the parts together with toothpicks and put wire legs through the body, and helped her get the paper mâché on tomorrow we will do another layer and hopefully she can paint it by Monday.
Anyhow it's pretty good I hope her teacher doesn't think I did most of the work.

Replies

• LCWAmommy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM
    Oh I forgot she's 6 and in first grade.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM
    Love it! As long as your daughter can explain how it was made and what it is, etc I think you will be fine.
  • MumsTheWord571
    December 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    You sure you didn't do that?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    It looks like a kid made it
  • Sassy762
    December 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I always help mine with their projects.......I think I have more fun than they do making them, lol

• LCWAmommy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    I know a lot of parents take over projects. I try really hard to let them do the work themselves. I only did the legs because it was wire and I didn't want her stabbing herself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Love it! As long as your daughter can explain how it was made and what it is, etc I think you will be fine.
  • LCWAmommy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM
    Just the legs and sticking the head to the body with a toothpick. The body is basically a oval ball of foil and the head part is seperate. Also the top horn is seperate.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

You sure you didn't do that?
  • LovinLife81
    December 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Thats neat

• LCWAmommy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
    I think it looks pretty darn accurate. She sat and looked at a pic on the computer the whole time she was shaping the foil

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks like a kid made it
  • LCWAmommy
    December 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

This is what she was going off of

Mom Confessions