Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
using diamonds from old ring to make a new one?
by Anonymous
December 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM
does anyone know what it would cost to take the diamonds from one ring and make my own custom ring?

Replies

• prenatalRN
    December 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

It depends on soooooo  many factors! But having your own diamonds will really help with the cost. Do a lot of shopping around. I had my wedding bands custom made and had prices all over the place. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Depends on the gold that you use and how elaborate you wanna get with it.
  • Sassy762

That depends on the type of gold used, the size of the diamonds and the new setting you want......your best bet is to talk to a jeweler

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    where did you get yours?

Quoting prenatalRN:

It depends on soooooo  many factors! But having your own diamonds will really help with the cost. Do a lot of shopping around. I had my wedding bands custom made and had prices all over the place. 

• K_D88
    by K_D88
    December 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Here is a bump for you.  I have no idea

• Leobaby2007
    December 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

It all depends. I did it with my previous engagement ring after my divorce. Of course I used platinum and picked a really expensive setting because I can never do any thing inexpensively dammit, but it was worth it!!! It's beautiful and I wear it on my right hand. :-)

• prenatalRN
    December 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

A local jewelry design store. Great price and realllllly nice work in their shop that was all custom made by them. Gave me confidence it would turn out great and I was right! I only go to them now 

Quoting Anonymous:

where did you get yours?

Quoting prenatalRN:

• youknowimloved
    December 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It can cost a pretty penny, it just depends on what you want.

I had a gold ring with three diamonds in it and had each of the diamonds put into a different setting. It cost me about $90 each for the metal, labor and tax. It would have been more expensive if they needed cutting.

• lovehimforever
    December 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    the metal is what cost more. gold cost more then the diamonds.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    i picked it out myself. But we got it at a pawn shop and it just doesnt fit right and instead of haveing it resized id rather customize it now so its not so bulky.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

It all depends. I did it with my previous engagement ring after my divorce. Of course I used platinum and picked a really expensive setting because I can never do any thing inexpensively dammit, but it was worth it!!! It's beautiful and I wear it on my right hand. :-)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts