Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
using diamonds from old ring to make a new one?
by Anonymous
December 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM
does anyone know what it would cost to take the diamonds from one ring and make my own custom ring?

Replies

• prenatalRN
    December 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

It depends on soooooo  many factors! But having your own diamonds will really help with the cost. Do a lot of shopping around. I had my wedding bands custom made and had prices all over the place. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Depends on the gold that you use and how elaborate you wanna get with it.
  • Sassy762

That depends on the type of gold used, the size of the diamonds and the new setting you want......your best bet is to talk to a jeweler

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    where did you get yours?

Quoting prenatalRN:

It depends on soooooo  many factors! But having your own diamonds will really help with the cost. Do a lot of shopping around. I had my wedding bands custom made and had prices all over the place. 

• K_D88
    by K_D88
    December 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Here is a bump for you.  I have no idea

• Leobaby2007
    December 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

It all depends. I did it with my previous engagement ring after my divorce. Of course I used platinum and picked a really expensive setting because I can never do any thing inexpensively dammit, but it was worth it!!! It's beautiful and I wear it on my right hand. :-)

• prenatalRN
    December 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

A local jewelry design store. Great price and realllllly nice work in their shop that was all custom made by them. Gave me confidence it would turn out great and I was right! I only go to them now 

Quoting Anonymous:

where did you get yours?

Quoting prenatalRN:

• youknowimloved
    December 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It can cost a pretty penny, it just depends on what you want.

I had a gold ring with three diamonds in it and had each of the diamonds put into a different setting. It cost me about $90 each for the metal, labor and tax. It would have been more expensive if they needed cutting.

• lovehimforever
    December 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    the metal is what cost more. gold cost more then the diamonds.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    i picked it out myself. But we got it at a pawn shop and it just doesnt fit right and instead of haveing it resized id rather customize it now so its not so bulky.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

It all depends. I did it with my previous engagement ring after my divorce. Of course I used platinum and picked a really expensive setting because I can never do any thing inexpensively dammit, but it was worth it!!! It's beautiful and I wear it on my right hand. :-)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN