Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you REALLY believe in ADD/ADHD
by Anonymous
December 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I don't have enough experience with it but the kids I do know that "have" it are constantly eating sugar, drinking soda, no boundries, rules, etc. Do people really try doing ALL they can before medicating?  And yes, I am posting ANON because I realize it's a touchy subject and I am probably going about it the wrong way but I truly want to know. I hear add/adhd and cringe honestly. Like it's SO over prescribed and kids are WAY over medicated these days, I feel like it's just an excuse (Not in all cases, I am sure)

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    I do think its real, but waaay over diagnosed. Some people just use it as an excuse.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

It makes a huge difference huh, lol. Also swiming has worked wonders.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told my son is ADHD. What we do is put him in activities. Keep him active. I don't believe in medicating. Especially for something so easily remedied. Limit sugar, schedule wake and sleep healthy meals and discipline.

Exactly what we do!!! I was told by he is ADHD. So, I started doing all this. And now because he is in all sorts of activities, and discipline has changed, he is focusing more on his school work. Teacher asked if we medicated him, I said nope, we just became better parents. 

• Mandy575
    December 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    It's very real!!! My middle DD has ADDshe isn't hyper and jumping around or any thing like that. She was failing in school horribly and we did everything we could. We finally began giving her meds holy crap she was 100% different. She is now a straight A student. I never have to ask if she has homework she just comes home and does it. There is only one other thing we had to give her was an impulse control med. She could not stop messing with her cat or any other one for that matter and babies but she takes her meds and she is awesome. Now I do feel like there is a overly large amount of kids being misdiagnosed.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It makes a huge difference huh, lol. Also swiming has worked wonders.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told my son is ADHD. What we do is put him in activities. Keep him active. I don't believe in medicating. Especially for something so easily remedied. Limit sugar, schedule wake and sleep healthy meals and discipline.

Exactly what we do!!! I was told by he is ADHD. So, I started doing all this. And now because he is in all sorts of activities, and discipline has changed, he is focusing more on his school work. Teacher asked if we medicated him, I said nope, we just became better parents. 

Oh yea I know!!! :-) it makes him tired and it works his body great! We are gearing up for tackle football now! Lol! 

Pit great when you talk to people with the same ideas as yourself. :-) 

• Serenity8310
    December 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    I don't believe in Add though my son was diagnosed and I also have some learning difficulties I'm learning and reading about drug free aspect of add

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts