Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
that was hard to hear
by Anonymous
December 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

My husband called my son's psychologist yesterday and left him a message. It seems his outburst have gotten worse, much worse, and he's threatening again to kill himself, he's punching himself in the face. It's hard to see. My husband has such a hard time with it in general, as do I, but he doesn't have the patience to really know how to help him without getting super frustrated. anyway, he's been worried about his (my son) safety, and my other two children, because my son can easily become violent, without knowing what's he doing. He also doesn't seem aware of his own strength and has pushed my youngest son off the tire swing, and wasn't mad, just trying to play with him and pushed too hard. But his biggest concern is how quickly and easily my son "snaps" and how violent he can become. He's swung at me more than once, but I know for a fact that he would never ever hurt me on purpose. He always feels so so terrible about doing things like that within minutes of calming down.

but when the dr called back this morning, the first thing he said was, "do you know where to take him when he threatens to hurt himself and you feel he might?" he then proceeded to give us the name of the hospital, and the dr, at the psychiatric ward where we need to take him when that happens. It was more than a "yeah, you know, if you ever get to that point, but I don't think you will..." He stated we need to call them and meet with them asap to do an intake and know how to get there when my son becomes more dangerous to himself.

It's so hard to see my boy like this. He doesn't want to be like this. He's so sweet, he really is. He suffers from such severe depression that he easily snaps, and I don't want his siblings to be scared of him. I don't want to be afraid of what he might do to himself or others. But I was forced to face the reality of it, and that didn't feel good....at all :-(

Replies

• cerainwondrland
    December 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    I'm sorry...just went through this with my mom I can't imagine how much harder it would be if it were my child...

After a couple years and a failed suicide attempt she is all better,so hang in there because there is hope for ur boy =) I never thought she would get better but she slowly came out of it

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN