Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Am I pissed over nothing?
by Anonymous
December 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

DD is in Kindergarten. Yesterday at recess she was pushed (not bullied, but by friends) down a slide. She tumbled down it, and landed on her neck. She was sent to the nurse for who knows how long (she's 5, so she doesn't know how to read time yet). She said she was in a lot of pain.

I didn't get a note home, or a phone call, or anything. Shouldn't they have let me know if my daughter fell on her neck?

DS broke his arm in school a few weeks ago, maybe they don't want to risk a liability with another one of my kids getting hurt on their watch? Idk, but I think it's pretty f'd up that I hear about my DD's neck injury (minor or not) from HER and not her teacher...

Replies

• sweetnsassymami
    December 7, 2012 at 9:12 AM

They definitely should have notified you. My dd was in kindergarten last year and fell on her crotch on the jungle gym. We get home she refuses to pee. I thought ok maybe she has a uti,i'll make an appt. Go to give her a bath and see blood in her panties. So much was going through my head and I asked dd and she told me. I was livid. After I had a little talk with her teacher I was notified of every little bump,scrape, and scratch. I know the teachers at my dd's school sit under the tree and watch the kids run amok while they gossip. Not paying attention to what those kids are getting into. I hope your dd feels better.

• Samantha_McKay
    December 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Our school is required to send a note home at the end of the day with what sort of injury, where, and a report from who was watching him at the time. We have had a couple of notes here and there, usually head injuries are what gets reported, anything else isn't considered enough to make a fuss. However I would count a neck injury as something worth hearing about.
    I would call the school and let them know you would like a report or a phone call from now on and that the next time an injury goes unreported you will have to take action. 

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn
    December 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

You have all the right in the world to be pissed. Even a slight fall can damage little ones brains and necks. You should have definitely been told. The principal would be in for it, if I was you. Good luck and I hope she is OK!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Oh! My first reaction I'd be livid too!!! Well I sent a note to school in her folder and if I don't get something back today I'll be going in there. I already have the principal by the balls for something that happened last year, so he doesn't want to have to deal with me again...

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

They definitely should have notified you. My dd was in kindergarten last year and fell on her crotch on the jungle gym. We get home she refuses to pee. I thought ok maybe she has a uti,i'll make an appt. Go to give her a bath and see blood in her panties. So much was going through my head and I asked dd and she told me. I was livid. After I had a little talk with her teacher I was notified of every little bump,scrape, and scratch. I know the teachers at my dd's school sit under the tree and watch the kids run amok while they gossip. Not paying attention to what those kids are getting into. I hope your dd feels better.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts