Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MacensMommy228
wow i look like that!!!!
December 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

So last week my sister and I took pics with the kids. I got them back and I could not believe how big I am! I work night shift and have special needs ds who is 21 months. I've been sp focused on him and my lack of sleep I over looked myself and how effin huge I am!!!! I am so sad that I can't stand to look at the pics bc its memories of my son and I and I look and them in disgust rather than loving them!!! My work is offering weight watchers at 50% so I am going to go the meeting on Tuesday am after work! I need to make motivation I tired I hardly sleep, I'm in school, and I have baby that needs a little more help! My life is stressful but one thing I can control is my body and I am ready to take the control back and rock a new mommy body! So ladies her I am I hope to lose atleast 20 lbs by my ds 2 nd bday in Feb! K gotta go in to class! Sorry so long and be nice anons! :)

Replies

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    December 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM

girl, through healthy eating/tracking calories, you can drop 15 of those pounds.  weight loss is 80% diet so eat clean, cut the junk and i swear you'll drop weight.  just be sure to figure out what your caloric intake is for weight loss and then track what you eat.  

• RunningMommaof2
    December 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    I gained A LOT of weight when I worked over nights too. Most people do :(
  • MacensMommy228
    December 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    I hate it I don't eat all day bc I force myself to stay awake and I'm to tired. Then I eat at 3 am when I'm starving.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

• RunningMommaof2
    December 7, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    I put on so much weight that I went to the doctor and she said that The lack of sleep and being under too much stress made me produce a hormone called cortisol which makes you rapidly gain weight. I HATE that 3am starving feeling. I think that happens when exhaustion kicks in. You probably have the same thing happening to your body that happened to mine. Stress alone is bad, but being awake all night does more damage to you than being a drug addict :(

Quoting MacensMommy228:

I hate it I don't eat all day bc I force myself to stay awake and I'm to tired. Then I eat at 3 am when I'm starving.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

• crazygirl907
    December 7, 2012 at 7:30 AM

You don't look that big to me, but if you're unhappy, I'm happy for you that you are doing something about it!

• TheMrs407
    December 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    Honestly I notice the poor posture more than anything.
  • pinkcookie019
    December 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Exactly right. You can do it if you put your mind to it!

Quoting itsm3:

girl, through healthy eating/tracking calories, you can drop 15 of those pounds.  weight loss is 80% diet so eat clean, cut the junk and i swear you'll drop weight.  just be sure to figure out what your caloric intake is for weight loss and then track what you eat.  

• MacensMommy228
    December 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I believe that for a while I was up for 48 hrs straight Wednesday through Friday bc of work, school, and my son. I was becoming a liability at work. I start hallucinating it was bad! I cut hours and now I am always broke, but hey atleast I'm sleeping more than I was. I have a lot of stress and lack of sleep I am probably going to have a heart attack soon bc of it! I'm glad there is someone who understand! :)
  • StrangeDays
    December 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    You think you're huge?! Not even close, hun. Regardless, good luck on your journey! It's never a bad thing to get in shape and love yourself no matter what your weight :)
  • RunningMommaof2
    December 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Well, I really wish you the best. I have been through it too. I remember driving home from work and running red lights and stuff just because I was that tired that my mind didn't work right. Then I started forgetting things all the time, like once I forgot my debit card number. It was really embaressing. These are all symptoms of sleep deprivation and production of cortisol. You need to be careful because it can lead to early on-set alzheimers and many other manjor health complications. What do you do for work? 

Quoting MacensMommy228:

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I believe that for a while I was up for 48 hrs straight Wednesday through Friday bc of work, school, and my son. I was becoming a liability at work. I start hallucinating it was bad! I cut hours and now I am always broke, but hey atleast I'm sleeping more than I was. I have a lot of stress and lack of sleep I am probably going to have a heart attack soon bc of it! I'm glad there is someone who understand! :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts