Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..
by Anonymous
December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Replies

• Pip88
    by Pip88
    December 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I'm glad to hear from the mom who used to get toys from the angel tree...you weren't begging!  You obviously were grateful.  I don't think anyone would give worn out clothes or raggedy toys.  And I always have wanted to give my almost new, only worn once, only played with twice items...and felt guilted into not doing it by the words that say they must be new.  It's kind of ridiculous that someone wouldn't want them but I guess the people who organized this type of gift giving can't be responsible for the quality of the items...or could they be?  Maybe that is the way to go!

• k_hall1784
    December 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I agree. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Not surprising.

Quoting endoftheworld:

My family was on the angel tree for years,

• autodidact

no. I want a kid to get a toy, not a sermon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't figure out why anyone would even bother with the angel tree in the first place.  Have you all NOT FIGURED OUT YET that those people are just losers or scammers?  They just return your shit for money anyway. 

Operation Christmas Child.  Google it.  It's a legitimate charity that gives to those who really appreciate it.

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    December 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

You know what, I was gonna do angel tree this year instead of donating to the humane society. But I now think the animals deserve charity more.

• mommieof3_752
    December 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

They have these Cool Bake Cake Pop sets at wal mart. They are only $19.99. You just mix the batter and stick in the little tray and put in the fridge. Then take em out an decorate them. ....Just an idea...I know those easy bake ovens are expensive.

Quoting mommy1008:

Ok I have a question since u seem to know all the proper etiquette. My dd picked two names off the tree and the ones she chose she did so because it was the same name as her and her sister. Anyways, one girl asked for an easy bake oven or a gymnastics Dora...both of which I can't afford. So is it ok if I get another age appropriate toy? I just wasn planning on spending $40/$60 on on ONE toy...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Yep, the beggars are too good for charity!  ONLY THE BEST for these people and their kids! 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Well, I'll be damned.  A stupid AND bitchy comment all rolled into one.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET! New toys are for my kids and if I have enough money I'll give what I can.

• azpreemiemom
    December 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    If you don't have it, then don't give it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET! New toys are for my kids and if I have enough money I'll give what I can.

• Lizardannie1966
    December 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Beggars can't be choosers, in other words...yes?

Never say never. IE...you never know when one day you might be in their position for whatever the reason might be and then hopefully, you'll find your compassion and understanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts