Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..
by Anonymous
December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Replies

• momofmany86
    December 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I can see the logic here....

But then to say donate to Goodwill... that's not actually GIVING to anyone, since they have to go buy the clothes/toys from Goodwill, not get them free.

Get a small NEW present, and also give GENTLY used clothes/toys.

• KGreen75
    December 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    People are assholes. Our angel trees here will only take new things. I can't believe people actually give used stuff.
  • wodntulk2kno1
    December 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    Yeah that's a lil tacky to do that. Just don't take a tag off the tree.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    December 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    I think angel tree, toys for tots and all if that should be stopped. If you can't afford a gift for your kid then they don't get anything.
  • autodidact
    December 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM

when did "they" appoint you their spokesnob? 

• Nicoleb9
    December 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    First World problem
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    Well if the 13 year old girl we chose has to scam for socks and panties, then something is legitimately wrong. I'll take my chances.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't figure out why anyone would even bother with the angel tree in the first place.  Have you all NOT FIGURED OUT YET that those people are just losers or scammers?  They just return your shit for money anyway. 

Operation Christmas Child.  Google it.  It's a legitimate charity that gives to those who really appreciate it.

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK

I think if choosing a child on an angel tree is going to be a financial burden you should not donate.  

• sheramom4

Our local angel tree programs make the rules very clear...new unwrapped toys and clothes ONLY. There have even added a sign letting donors know that used items will be donated to local programs, but will not be given as part of the angel tree program and that anything that has holes, is missing pieces or is otherwise trash will be thrown out. They also have monitors at every drop spot who will turn people away if they are simply trying to donate bags of things with holes or that are otherwise unusable and this is because people were using these programs as a way to just get rid of stuff.

• onelove86

i think that as long as someone is taking the time to give to the less fortunate, no one should be complaining. im pretty sure that child would be much happier getting something rather then nothing and if you are teaching your children to be that greedy shame on you. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN