Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..
by Anonymous
December 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Donate your used items to the Goodwill, and  let others buy the new toys/gifts.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM

agreed

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET! New toys are for my kids and if I have enough money I'll give what I can.

• .betty.white.
    Its tacky. Like regifting.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

These children are not begging. Their parents signed them up in the hopes to give them a nice holiday. No begging involved.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to  sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET!

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    There is a local charity here that will take gently used toys and closed for local kids as well as new.

The used stuff isnt given as Christmas presents they just realized that most people clear out before Christmas so set up collections at the same time as the angel tree new toy collections.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Their parents are begging so nobody has a right to complain! If it's that bad, they need to scrounge up pennies and head on over to the dollar store. That way they know their toys are new.

Quoting Anonymous:

These children are not begging. Their parents signed them up in the hopes to give them a nice holidsy. No begging involved.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to  sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET!

• mommy1008
    Ok I have a question since u seem to know all the proper etiquette. My dd picked two names off the tree and the ones she chose she did so because it was the same name as her and her sister. Anyways, one girl asked for an easy bake oven or a gymnastics Dora...both of which I can't afford. So is it ok if I get another age appropriate toy? I just wasn planning on spending $40/$60 on on ONE toy...
  • jbirdsladie27

I had no idea people actually did that.

• LucyHarper
    December 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I can say as someone who used to get toys from the angel tree that you are dead wrong. When you are a kid who has nothing, everything counts. If people do what you say, there will be a whole lot of kids with absolutely nothing on Christmas. I would rather get an old toy and used clothing then nothing at all.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts