Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MamaDee83
Size 12 is FAT????
December 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM

The above photo is me in August with a ring sling that I made for my DD. I am a size 12.

And this is us at the Big E this summer. I weigh LESS now than I do in this photo.

I know for a fact that sizes don't mean S**T. I'm pretty tall, so I know that factors in. Also, body type has a lot to do with it, too. I just hate when people make blanket statements about this sort of thing - One size does not fit all! :-)

ETA: I am 5'9''

I just wanted to add that I am not fishing for compliments - I'm just trying to make a point that just because you are a certain size, be it small OR big, it (by itself) doesn't necessarily mean that you are thin or fat

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    There are too many factors to say. You can be a healthy weight at a 12 or you can be morbidly obese at a size 12 depending on height, muscles, body shape, and brand of clothes.
  • gofast_mama
    December 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I think it's funny too when I saw my new doc she told me I looked amazing, course she actually looked at me and not my chart...! 38-28-38 I'm not perfect but I love it!

Quoting gofast_mama:

People suck I had just got to the point too where I was super proud of my body and got it where I wanted it, then bam dude told me to lose weight. I figure my implants add about four pounds lol, whatever I love my body and I am very happy with it. I think that's what matters the most!  I know I got my dads genetics too where I can build muscle very fast, my legs look ripped and I only run lol.

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

I had a PA tell me something similar.  Granted, my BMI was almost a 23 but it was still within normal, and I was working out like mad at the time...I had serious definition and was super proud of my body.  Stupid PA tells me I need to lose 5-7 pounds even though I was within the normal weight range for my height, and most of the weight was from muscle.  Well, that and my big boobs, lol, I can't seem to lose weight there no matter how hard I try.  I estimate they add on about 3-4 pounds , so that doesn't count, lol!  big smile mini

Quoting gofast_mama:

Thank you, he was a new doc and I was in shock when he said that. I run an hour a day and eat fairly healthy.

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

You're Dr. is a moron.  Lol.  You're BMI is 21.5, which is perfect by any standards, and by the look of your avatar you are toned and have muscle so most of that is not fat anyway. 

Quoting gofast_mama:

I'm 5'7" and 137lbs and a size four, I was told I should drop ten pounds by my doctor if I really wanted to be healthy....

• MIAOFTALAMASCA
    December 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Wow, I didnt know that, ok then, what about Anna Nicole Smith?  She was HUGE at one point, but I always felt that she was sexy as hell, except when she was falling over wasted of course...lolol

Quoting GMom2011:

Which in the 50's was a size 6-8. She was never a size 14 by today's sizes. I HATE when people use Marilyn Monroe as an example. Just like the I Love Lucy episode of her wanting to fit into a size "12" dress, which then would have a "6 or 8"

Sized today are so different. Dress sizes back in the 50's had larger numbers, more in line with European sizing.

Quoting MIAOFTALAMASCA:

Marilyn Monroe went back and forth from a size 14 to 16.  Its all in the attitude sweety. But you're not fat at all, I think you're perfect....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM

im size 12 im  not in the obese category for my weight but i am over weight...

• Elle.tea.22
    December 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    You're 5'9 that may be fine for you but I'm only 5'0 and for me it would be.
  • GMom2011
    December 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

When Anna Nicole Smith was a Guess model, she starved herself to get that small (she was interviewed about it) but after that she gained weight. She was also tall 5' 10" where Marilyn I believe was only 5' 5.5". According to her stats, Marilyn was bust 35 - waist 22 - hips 35 according to her dressmaker, which I believe considering they actually measure the person they are making the clothing for.

Anna Nicole Smith obviously widely varied in her sizes but at the peak of her modeling career she was a 36(DD) bust, 26 waist, 38 hips and reportedly weighed around 140. At 5'10" she was pretty darn slim to have those measurements, but she fluctuated wildly during her life, weighing as much as 225 pounds at her heaviest.

I am a big Marilyn fan... so I always get annoyed when people who are today's size 14-16 and claim that Marilyn was the same size. I saw her wax figure at Madamn Tousseads in New York and stood next to it. They make those things to the stars exact measurements, and trust me, the chick was TINY...

Quoting MIAOFTALAMASCA:

Wow, I didnt know that, ok then, what about Anna Nicole Smith?  She was HUGE at one point, but I always felt that she was sexy as hell, except when she was falling over wasted of course...lolol

Quoting GMom2011:

Which in the 50's was a size 6-8. She was never a size 14 by today's sizes. I HATE when people use Marilyn Monroe as an example. Just like the I Love Lucy episode of her wanting to fit into a size "12" dress, which then would have a "6 or 8"

Sized today are so different. Dress sizes back in the 50's had larger numbers, more in line with European sizing.

Quoting MIAOFTALAMASCA:

Marilyn Monroe went back and forth from a size 14 to 16.  Its all in the attitude sweety. But you're not fat at all, I think you're perfect....

• xixCandyxix
    December 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I am 5'5 and a size 3/4 and no where NEAR looking thin. You don't exactly look to be what I'd call thin either. You are rather chunky from the chest down. And you're putting all your weight on your back leg, intentionally or not, to make the thigh closest to the camera to look smaller. Again I'm not thin by any mean, but I'm not gonna say you're "small" at a size 12. Sorry not buying it.

• MamaDee83
    December 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    Quoting xixCandyxix:

I am 5'5 and a size 3/4 and no where NEAR looking thin. You don't exactly look to be what I'd call thin either. You are rather chunky from the chest down. And you're putting all your weight on your back leg, intentionally or not, to make the thigh closest to the camera to look smaller. Again I'm not thin by any mean, but I'm not gonna say you're "small" at a size 12. Sorry not buying it.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion :-)

• othermom
    December 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

It depends on the body type

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would die if I was a size 12..... but maybe that's just me. I'm feeling huge in a size 4 right now. How tall are you? I'm 5'5 so maybe that's why I could never wear that size without looking huge.

BTW, I don't think you look fat at all, you look about my size.

Why do we say crap like this to eachother?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts