Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I dropped off applications to a beggar today!
by Anonymous
December 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Oh yes I did! Please tell me I am not the first smart pants to figure this out!

This man stands on a busy intersection near where I live. I see him there pretty much DAILY. His sign never changes. "Out of work, will accept anything".

So today I drove to the nearby stores: McDonalds, Friendly's, Five Guys, Cumberland Farms, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and a few other places and picked up applications. When I drove by, I pulled up, handed them to him and told him I would be back tomorrow to pick up the COMPLETED applications and drop them off for him if he needed. Then I drove off.

I hope he actually fills them out, God knows all the time he stands there begging he could be actually getting a job, since most these places are hiring and have been.

What have YOU given a beggar?

Replies

• workingmama86
    December 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I would do the same. 

• LoveMyLos
    Youre going to shot.
  • Tesserae

I give them nothing but dirty looks.

• sweetnsassymami

did you get him a po box and a phone too?

• mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    December 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    I've given a beggar a double cheeseburger from McDonald's. I don't give money since it most likely goes to cigerettes.
  • allycally
    A cheese burger... A man selling newspapers begged me for my drink once,but it was empty
  • Crazy-Steph
    Are you also going to give him interview clothes, a phone number and a permanent address? If not, you're just an asshole.
  • LucyHarper
    December 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Ever think that maybe he already tried those places or can't work? He's not an idiot, he knows how to get an application, no need to kick someone when they are down and act like a smart alack.

• MrsRinehart2010

um nope not I because people around here tht beg actually cant get a job due to mental issues an health issues. An we have no jobs to give around here even with a degree. I find it rude honestly why not just leave him alone he isnt really bothering you by standing there.

You never know some one else situation maybe there is a reason he is out of job?

• gypsy_rose

this. most places will not heir someone with no address or phone number.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

did you get him a po box and a phone too?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN