Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
our society is doomed. this is just disgraceful.
by Anonymous
December 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
When a man was pushed onto the subway tracks, instead of helping the man ( who was trying to climb out) as a train approached a new York post photographer snapped pictures instead of grabbing his arm and pulling him out.
The man died when the train hit him. The post then put that picture on the front page.

The photographer says he took the pictures in the hopes the driver would stop.

Replies

• harpsichord
    December 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM

EXACTLY.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Whether or not he helped isn't the issue. It's the fact that he stood around taking pictures, which ended up on the front page of the newspaper (and probably lined his pockets quite a bit). How is it acceptable that this photographer profited off another man's death?

Quoting LStambaugh:

From what I read, the whole thing happened so quickly that no witnesses were able to help him in time.  Lets not forget that the photographer was not the one who PUSHED this poor man onto the tracks.  I think its sad that so much blame has been placed on him for the death of the victim. 

• Suzukigirl710
    December 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM

absolutely!

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Yeah, roight.  He saw an opportunity to get a picture that he could maybe sell to the rags, and was more concerned about his pocketbook than the life of another human being.  Pathetic.

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

The photographer stated that the reason he was taking the pictures was so that the train driver would see his flash and stop....yea....right.  I will take the Golden Gate Bridge for a dollar please!  If he would have only grabbed his arm, the guy would most likely be alive today.  So sad.

• harpsichord
    December 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM

the headline for this story on the NYP is fucking disgusting too. The whole thing is a mess.

i feel so fucking sorry for his wife and daughter. i can't even.

• momof2girls89
    December 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/national/photog-too-far-to-rescue-man-from-subway-tracks_8063123

Quoting Anonymous:

Can someone please post a link?!

• Eagle293
    December 6, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    I saw this on the news It's so terrible I would have helped him. Even if I was risking my own life. I just couldn't have lived with myself if I didn't try.
  • melissam78
    December 6, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    Omg that is horrible,I would grab the mans hands and pull w/everything I had,at least I would have tried.I get people are afraid BUT if you were the one n trouble you'd pray someone would try to help,taking pictures,that's disgusting

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts