Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Beautemillesime
Stupid medical question
December 5, 2012 at 5:47 AM
Yesterday morning I got my flu shot(around 9:30am). It wasn't so painful but about 45 minutes later my arm did start to feel sore. Then at my check up later in the day (4:30pm), I was given the meningitis and hep A&B vaccines. Since my left arm was feeling so sore, the nurse giving me the vaccines gave me the meningitis vaccine in the same arm as the one I got my flu shot in, as she claimed that that particular shot rarely causes any pain/swelling at the injection site, and gave me the other shot in the other arm. I felt ok till I was laying my daughter down for bed at about 8:30 that evening. Ever since then I have felt like I have a sore throat, tired, nauseous, had a headache, loss of appetite, as well as a swollen arm and extreme pain in the arm I got both vaccines in. And the injection site is extremely itchy and feels very warm to the touch, and is raised into a bump. While I know some pain and swelling is normal, the rest is starting to worry me. I figured I would give it a few days to see if the problems resolve themselves before I go back to the doctor, but since the pain is making it extremely difficult to sleep I thought I'd ask and see what people had to say.

Replies

There aren't any replies to this post. Be the first to reply!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN