Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Is that right? Well f*** you too!!
by Anonymous
December 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I told dh I was thinking of dying my hair black. My natural color is dark blonde. He said no. I said I didn't ask your permission. He said that he just didn't like black hair. I said it was my hair. He said, "Well I just don't want you to." Yeah not good enough! How would you deal with this? Does your dh think he owns your hair?

Replies

• emptynesst
    December 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    He doesn't like black hair? Is he related to Martha? Lol
  • dark_xiii_angel
    December 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    Same here.

Quoting purpleducky:

Wow. We don't think we own each others hair but we are considerate of each others feelings.
  • Sassy762
    December 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Your Hair.....Your decision

• sassysuie
    December 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

lmao. my df has no say in what I do with my hair. He knows better then to put a negative opinion on something I want to do to my hair. :]

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    Wow this is moving fast! Lol Yes I do value his opinion or else I wouldn't have said anything beforehand. I don't get it though. If I was in a car accident that burnt half my face off, dh would still love me. Why wouldn't he be attracted to me with black hair instead of dark blonde? I'm still the woman he fell in love with 12 years ago.
  • jmetz4
    by jmetz4
    December 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    Our compromise is on the same thing. But i am going to grow my hair to a certain length then cut it and start again :-)

Quoting mary841108:

i respect my husband enough to say ok, well what color do you think is ok...and negotiate from there. my husband hates short hair, i like it. my hair is a happy medium length. long enough for him and short enough (sort of) for me.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I  think you're being really petty and ridiculous. He wasn't mean to you. He just said he didn't like black hair. Oh the horror. 

My dh doesn't own my hair, but I won't cut it or color it because I know he loves my hair the way it is. One of the things that he first found attractive about me was my hair, so why would I go and chop it all off or ruin it with dye knowing he would hate it? I know for a fact he hates short hair, so if he were to be put off by me surprising him with a bob cut it would be stupid of me to get pissy about it. So let me guess...you're going to go dye it anyway just to spite him and yay you win this stupid argument that will not fucking matter in ten years. Genius.

• gotnothinonme
    December 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I can only say, I like my hubby with his beard, from time to time he shaves it off, I don't like it when he does. I still love him, I don't hate him, I'm not mad at him, but I am MORE attracted to him with his beard...I guess that's what your SO is telling you about the hair. I take my dh's feelings into consideration when I do something different, and I've had every hair color under the rainbow, lol..but I usually will do a rinse that washes out before committing to see if I and he like it.

• meka26
    by meka26

SO would never tell me what to do with my hair, but I would respect his opinion about it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    No!!!! Lol that was the first thought I had..... "Damn has he been sneaking on CM?????"I lol

Quoting emptynesst:

He doesn't like black hair? Is he related to Martha? Lol

Mom Confessions