Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
SAHM's Really do Have it Way Easier
by Anonymous
December 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It wasn't a problem so much with one kid, but working with two or more is awful. I stayed home the last year (after I had the baby). Now its back to work. My job isn't even hard. One kid hates me because I lack the time or energy to hang out or take her to events etc, and the other I bearly get to see awake.

I absolutly hate my life. I wish I never had kids. Working sucks. Its just constant "go,go,go!" Before and after work. I don't have the energy to cook or clean. The house is a gross mess. The sink is full of dishes. I ended up failing my classes. I hate everything. SO helps when he can, but he works full time+.

I miss my days of planning nice meals for the family, the time I spent crawling on the floor with the little one, or taking her for walks. Now, I'm just constantly stressed (and starving). My feet are killing me. I love my kids, but I can't do this. Id rather be in a homeless shelter.

I work 6 days a week and time off isn't an option ( I would def take a day off if I could, don't even care about getting paid). No staying home isn't really an option, SO wants me working. I'm ready to roll over and die, this is awful.

Replies

• Anonymous 15
    by Anonymous 15
    December 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    5 hours a day? Hmm
  • D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.
    December 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

canada. i get 55% of my normal monthly wages. 

i plan on working becoming a crisis counsellor, i want to work with people who are dealing with addictions, abuse, and other lifestyle issues.

Quoting ajrjj05:

where do you live that you get 35 weeks Mat leave? we get 12 unpaid weeks here.. :( and alway get your cert for what?! and make $20 hour, dang! I need that job..lol

Quoting D.O.E.:

my doc put me on sick leave today, THANK GOD. i was in same boat as you, had a boss from hell too. now i get 15 weeks sick leave followed by 35 weeks mat leave.

and when i am done mat leave, i plan on getting my certification so i can work pt at a shelter, and still make $20hr, and have more time at home with my kiddos

• Snapdragon88
    December 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    I have never understood why people like you get so offended by someone saying SAHMs have it easier...

Do you WANT to have it harder? Does it make you feel better to act like things are so tough for you because you stay at home? I see it as a blessing. If it's so hard for you then get a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just b/c your life sucks doesn't mean sahms have it easier. Then leave your so and be a single mom.
  • la_bella_vita
    December 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I love being a SAHM

• babie113
    December 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    Hugs I'm sorry your having a hard time and I do agree that sahm do have it easier. Its still can be stressful but not too bad. I'm very thankful I get to be a sahm.

Hugs mama.
  • Mom2five87
    December 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

This! -HUGS- op.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

I am very thankful I get to be a SAHM. I couldn't imagine not being able to see my kids whenever I wanted to. Hope it gets better for you.

• Anonymous 16
    by Anonymous 16
    December 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    Yep we do have it easier. That's why I love it.
  • Anonymous 17
    by Anonymous 17
    December 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Talk to him.  If you want out so badly then he should love you enough to let you stay home.

• Anonymous 17
    by Anonymous 17
    December 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I wouldn't say it is easier but it is definitely better.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

how can I "not being doing it right"? My kids are still alive and I haven't misplaced them. its all about having a plan and a schedule. the house was clean kids were well fed. Hell we even had time for fash cards and other learning activities. If I wanted time to go out with friends I could easily just wait till SO was home from work and kids were asleep. I was doing well in school.

Besides, I didn't say it was a cake walk easy, just easisER. After work, I still have to cook and clean etc..

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone feels that being a sahm is easy then they aren't doing it right.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN