Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Teachers do not require a gift *EDIT*
by Anonymous
December 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM

EDIT

Nice chat and responses. Beautiful to see Goodwill is not dead in this day and age. Extending acts of gratitude can very often deepen their convictions about what they do in their lives on the daily basis.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Replies

• TexasWife
    December 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Require

• gypsy_rose
    December 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

why shouldn't they get a gift?

• Lady_In_Ink
    December 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    This is a new thing to me. Does my son's K teacher expect a gift? I mean, I don't think getting her a gift is a bad thing, but I am poor, man. Lol.
  • crazygirl907
    December 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM

No one requires a gift. I like to give them one, so I do. 

• .ChiMama.
    December 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    I know they don't but when they go above and beyond to help my dd succeed then I feel it right to send her a little something.
  • anotherhalf
    I get her a gift because she teaches my son all day long and she gets paid very little to do it.
  • kitchen.ninja
    Because their job is one if the most important and IMO they do not get paid adequately for themselves or supplies. My dds Kindergarden teacher gets $100 a school year to buy supplies for a class of 27. That price includes paper :/
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Teachers never expect a gift, but they always appreciate one should you choose to give one. Even a card is nice. 

Quoting Lady_In_Ink:

This is a new thing to me. Does my son's K teacher expect a gift? I mean, I don't think getting her a gift is a bad thing, but I am poor, man. Lol.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Save that money for your houshold!  That teacher is being paid.

Quoting Lady_In_Ink:

• MichelleJ1000
    How about because they are under paid and put up with a lot of bull from other people's kids and showing them some appreciation will probably make them feel good. It doesn't have to be expensive, a $5 gift card to starbucks or sommething is nice.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN