Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I think my dh likes someone else UPDATE!!
by Anonymous
December 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Everyday when he gets home it's j did this and j said that!! And it's all day and all night. She's all I hear about. And anytime he has a problem he goes to her!! Wtf? They've only been working together for maybe three months.

**I have talked to him. He tells me I'm just being jealous that he only talks to her because he works with her. But he doesn't talk about his other coworkers nearly as much not even the ones he works closely with. I can't do anything without him bringing her up. I don't think he's cheating but I do think he likes her and I don't know what to do. He can't change his hours or anything like that. And I can't make him quit lol. So idk.**

*** Thank you ladies for all of your advice. I will try to talk to him again and see his reaction and try to get him to understand why I am so uncomfortable. I will also make sure I meet her. Thanks again for all of your advice***

**** I went to dh's work today for his lunch break but I didn't get to meet her until right before I left. She was kinda pretty but didn't look anything like me. I'm having dh invite her over for dinner one night so I can actually meet her. I also talked to him again last night. He said his usual she's just someone I work with. So I guess we'll see what happens.****

Replies

• tristahope
    December 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yupp I agree with this lady as well.  Good Luck! Let us know what happens...

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

You're welcome. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I appreciate that. :)

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Exactly what I'm saying! I'm revealing who I am so you can PM me if you'd like a support system on this. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can try lol. It'd be just like telling someone about an imaginary friend as a kid. Well kind of the same. The only difference is he won't know he's non existent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not lying. You can't think of it like that. Think of it like this, it's either you show him what this feels like and nip it in the bud right now or he may end up cheating on you. Could you imagine what you would have to go through? Now, I'm not saying that's why he's talking to or about this girl but it's a possibility. If you start talking about another man and how great he is it'll reel him back in to you. He'll wonder to himself, the same things you are wondering right now. It'll make him realize, maybe I shouldn't talk to this girl anymore, I don't want her to talk to this other man. If I were you, I would do it. If you want his interest to be back towards you and only you this is one of your best options. As you've already learned if you bring up the issue he calls you jealous, why not make him jealous and see how it likes it? 

You can do it girl! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wouldn't that be lying though? I have a super conscious lol. I'm not a good liar.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I'm saying, you got it girl! Do it. It's one of the only things sometimes that you can do is give it right back to him. That will more than likely open his eyes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I could make one up lol. That's about all I could do.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you meet her tomorrow, see if she reminds you of yourself. Maybe she reminds him of you and it's easy for him to talk to her. If worse comes to worse and he won't listen to you is there any way you could "meet" a man to start talking about all the time?

Quoting Anonymous:

Like 2-4 years older than us I think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then that is weird. Do you know how old this woman is? 

Quoting Anonymous:

He has a brother. He's never been one to talk to girls. I was the one who started talking to him when we first got together. He has always been friends with men.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh used to do that, he just felt more comfortable talking to women. It took him a while to realize that it wasn't appropriate. He doesn't do it anymore, at all. Granted he isn't working in the same place anymore, but I just want you to know just because he's doing this doesn't mean he likes her like that. Does he have any brothers or just sisters? My dh only has a sister, which I've learned, made him more comfortable around females than it did males. 

• Anonymous 15
    by Anonymous 15
    December 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    Did he actually leave? If so,did your mom take him back when it didnt work out with the work woman???

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, sounds like it. My dad pulled that with my mom. He talked about her all the time, and when my mom was was like "You sure do seem to talk about her a lot." he would get defensive and say "I'm around her at work, and she's just someone I talk to!" 

The ugly truth showed it's face shortly after. He was infatuated with her, and just thought she was oh, so great, fun, funny, sexy, etc. etc. and was wanting to leave my mom for her. It all backfired. 

• veganistic
    December 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

awww hugs. I'd be worried too, and I know my SO would point it out if I was doing that. Hopefully once he realizes that he's acting awfully crushy he will get a hold of himself :) Good luck! 

• Anonymous 16
    by Anonymous 16
    December 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Yup, big red flag, that's what happened to me and even though I am not proud of it, that's how mine started. All I talked about was "E" and that's where I messed up at.

• jamamama00
    December 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

My husband talked about his co-worker all the time. Then I met her and she was like, seventy. LOL. Don't freak out until you know more...

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    Bump
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Bump

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups