Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
D.O.E.
that is it i am DONE! is this too harsh? update
by D.O.E.
December 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Brent, 

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future. 

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately.

while i would like to give you more notice, i simply cannot sit here in a building that is 15-16 degrees, it is freezing in here. there is no wood to burn, and i cannot chop the one log sitting here, as it is a risk to me health and my child's health, and i simply do not have the strength.

i will clean up the mess which was left by you, as usual. you will find your kitchen clean and in order, but today will be my last day.

i am sorry that i am unable to attend the silent auction with your wife, we simply CANNOT afford it. i would LOVE to go, but have no money to do so. so i am sorry for the inconvenience. 

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

it has been interesting working with you.

Mrs. C. R. H.

**** i sent him the polite version. although i really want to let him have it, i will be...polite....and for those who have asked, i have already reported him to the health inspector.***

Replies

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    December 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Dear Asshole,

You are lucky I haven't stapled this letter to your forehead. I quit. Now, fuck you, pay me.

Sincerely,

Me.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Capital letters for starters.

• cjsix
    by cjsix

Placenta Previa is a serious thing...I'm sorry you are dealing with this. What else has the doctor said? Can you deliver the note by hand,thereby allowing time to talk with him or them?

• notjstasocermom

It sounds very unprofessional.

• taramac
    by taramac
    The part about cleaning up their messes seems a little bitchy. You don't want to burn any bridges especially if you plan to go back to work in the future and might need this job as a reference.
  • Bitterroot

It's still too wordy.

Brent,

first i want to thank you for hiring me knowing i was pregnant, i really appreciate that.

i love the building and the idea behind the eco village, and i wish you well in the future.

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately, although  i would like to give you more notice.

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

Mrs. C. R. H.

• GreenAndLean
    December 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    What's wrong with I have pregnancy complications and have been put on bed rest and advised to quit my job?

Why say all of the other offensive things?
  • PinkButterfly66
    December 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I would just state that you are quitting due to medical reasons and don't even bother cleaning, I would say "effective immediately I am tendering my resignation due to doctor ordered bed rest and that my husband will be coming to pick up my check.  It has been a pleasure working for you, Sincerely..." You don't want to burn your bridge, you may need this a$$'s reference some day.

• MamaRae85
    December 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Quoting D.O.E.:

Brent, 

however, i have been diagnosed with developing placenta previa, and my doc has recommended that i quit my employment immediately.

while i would like to give you more notice, i simply cannot sit here in a building that is 15-16 degrees, it is freezing in here. there is no wood to burn, and i cannot chop the one log sitting here, as it is a risk to me health and my child's health, and i simply do not have the strength.,<~~~ Cut this out. It's unnecessary.

i will clean up the mess which was left by you, as usual.<~~RUDE. OMIT. you will find your kitchen clean and in order, but today will be my last day.

i am sorry that i am unable to attend the silent auction with your wife, we simply CANNOT afford it. i would LOVE to go, but have no money to do so. so i am sorry for the inconvenience. 

i will be expecting to be paid in full on friday, including Novembers conference tips.

Mrs. C. R. H.

Finish it with proper capitalization and don't use all caps for emphasis, and it'll be fine.

• Roxygurl
    December 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    You're burning bridges.

Tell him you are quitting due to medical reasons and leave it at that.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts