Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Should I medically induce my period?
by Anonymous
December 4, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I am 5 days late. I saw the dr yesterday and he gave me Provera. I really dont like the idea of forcing my period out.

5 days isnt really that long. Should I take the Provera or wait for it to naturally come?

Should I take provera to bring my period? (Please read then vote)
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 5% - Yes
  2. 70% - No
  3. 23% - After a certain amount of time (please comment)

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I love my dr. He fixes everything that is wrong with me. He seems to jump the gun with medication a little though

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you need to be discussing things with your doctor. You can't come in here asking a loaded question like that. Especially without a more detailed medical history. Even then, it would be ill advised to tell you one way or the other since your doctor has already given you orders.

• alyssaravensmom
    December 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    I'd wait. My dr just prescribed my provera. I haven't had a period in 3 months.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    If u are ttc I wouldn't take it. Can they not do bloods to make sure your not pregnant before u take meds

Quoting Anonymous:

took 3 tests at home. all negative. I swear I ovulated around the 18th. He says I didnt. Thats why my period hasnt come. I am ttc. My period was every 34 days. I had an ectopic preg in aug. Sept and oct it was back to 34 days and it just didnt come in november

Quoting Anonymous:

I would wait. Are u sure your not pregnant?

• lovelove211
    December 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    I would wait. You may still be pregnant
  • Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Thats what I was still hoping for. He didnt do the blood test. He did an u/s and said no signs. If I ovulated on the 18th wouldnt that make me just over 3 wks? Would he even see anything in a u/s?

Quoting lovelove211:

• Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Thats what I was still hoping for. He didnt do the blood test. He did an u/s and said no signs. If I ovulated on the 18th wouldnt that make me just over 3 wks? Would he even see anything in a u/s?

Quoting lovelove211:

• Thelmama
    December 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Since you are ttc, I'd wait.  3 weeks is too early to see much of anything on an u/s.  Good luck. 

• rosemagic01
    December 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    Ha! I started Sunday after not having one since June. I don't think 5 days warrants need for meds.
  • lovelove211
    December 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    I'm not sure but 3 weeks is very early so keep testing. You should request a blood test

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovelove211:

Mom Confessions