Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Should I medically induce my period?
by Anonymous
December 4, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I am 5 days late. I saw the dr yesterday and he gave me Provera. I really dont like the idea of forcing my period out.

5 days isnt really that long. Should I take the Provera or wait for it to naturally come?

Should I take provera to bring my period? (Please read then vote)
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 5% - Yes
  2. 70% - No
  3. 23% - After a certain amount of time (please comment)

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I love my dr. He fixes everything that is wrong with me. He seems to jump the gun with medication a little though

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you need to be discussing things with your doctor. You can't come in here asking a loaded question like that. Especially without a more detailed medical history. Even then, it would be ill advised to tell you one way or the other since your doctor has already given you orders.

• alyssaravensmom
    December 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    I'd wait. My dr just prescribed my provera. I haven't had a period in 3 months.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    If u are ttc I wouldn't take it. Can they not do bloods to make sure your not pregnant before u take meds

Quoting Anonymous:

took 3 tests at home. all negative. I swear I ovulated around the 18th. He says I didnt. Thats why my period hasnt come. I am ttc. My period was every 34 days. I had an ectopic preg in aug. Sept and oct it was back to 34 days and it just didnt come in november

Quoting Anonymous:

I would wait. Are u sure your not pregnant?

• lovelove211
    December 4, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    I would wait. You may still be pregnant
  • Anonymous 1
    December 4, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Thats what I was still hoping for. He didnt do the blood test. He did an u/s and said no signs. If I ovulated on the 18th wouldnt that make me just over 3 wks? Would he even see anything in a u/s?

Quoting lovelove211:

• Anonymous 1
    December 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Thats what I was still hoping for. He didnt do the blood test. He did an u/s and said no signs. If I ovulated on the 18th wouldnt that make me just over 3 wks? Would he even see anything in a u/s?

Quoting lovelove211:

• Thelmama
    December 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Since you are ttc, I'd wait.  3 weeks is too early to see much of anything on an u/s.  Good luck. 

• rosemagic01
    December 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    Ha! I started Sunday after not having one since June. I don't think 5 days warrants need for meds.
  • lovelove211
    December 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    I'm not sure but 3 weeks is very early so keep testing. You should request a blood test

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovelove211:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN