Mom Confessions

sturrfryy
Is an uncut penis an issue?
December 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM

When my son was born the hospital refused to circumsize him, why? I don't know. I was pretty doped up on pain meds to really ask any questions.. Anyways, I am torn about getting it done. He is 14 months old.
I don't want him to get made fun of for it, and I've never seen one besides his so I don't know if it repulses most women... I want him to be happy...
Do y'all find uncut penis' gross or what? Sorry for the TMI...

Replies

• Lady_In_Ink
    December 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    Right on.

Quoting Aslen:

If some chick doesnt want my boys because they have their ENTIRE penis, it's HER loss; not my boys'. And that's what i'll teach them
  • redbutterfly666
    December 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

an erect un cut penis looks just like a cut penis, unless your son is having issues with the extra skin theres absolutly no reason to do anything about it

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

This.

Quoting kblossom20:

Personally, I find an uncircumcised penis repulsive. Most women I know do too, actually. I think a circumcised penis is all around cleaner. It also looks better. I really don't think you should've waited all this time to do it, but just do your research and figure out whats best for you. Good luck. 

• achorney
    December 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

No one's going to care. Do what you like. It's your son.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quoting sturrfryy:

The doctor said he will still do it, I just need to make a decision soon because I want to get it done before he gets way older and it will hurt him really really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly but whatever.... It's kinda too late now hes older

DS got his done at birth, but then part re attached so we had to get part re done. The pedi urologist gave us topical anesthetic to put on an hr before ( I really lathered it on) he went in the room got it done and I walked back in 10 mins later. He was laughing. I kept the lidocaine just in case but we had no issue at all with him showing discomfort. 

• Freela
    by Freela
    December 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Nope, not bothered at all. My dh is intact and my son is too. Honestly, I actually prefer it, but cut or intact would not be a make-it-or-break-it issue for me in a relationship anyhow.

Just to add, when erect they look the same anyhow.

• momamanda
    December 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

My hubby is uncircumsized. I have never seen an adult circumsized one. My son is circumsized. dh did not want him circumsized. BUt I had heard to many stories from friends who's 12 year old brothers had to have it done because they wouldn't keep it clean. My dh never had a problem with this but he's always been a little OCD about cleanliness so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I'd say If you are going to do it. Do it now. otherwise just leave it. My hubby never felt weird for not having  it done.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    I think its gross and it would turn me off big time.. my boy is circ'd but its your choice hun do your research
  • MyDragonFlies11
    December 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    Me too big time the thought kinda grosses me out.. idk what I would do if I was getting close to someone and they weren't. Cut .....

Quoting Anonymous:

This.

Quoting kblossom20:

Personally, I find an uncircumcised penis repulsive. Most women I know do too, actually. I think a circumcised penis is all around cleaner. It also looks better. I really don't think you should've waited all this time to do it, but just do your research and figure out whats best for you. Good luck. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I would get him circumcised as soon as possible while he is still so young. I have 2 sons and one was circumcised at the hospital when he was born and the other was not. I was told I could come back in a week and have the procedure done for him.  When it was time for his appt. we were fogged in so I decided to not have it done.  I was told it was about a 50/50 percent of circ vs. uncirc baby boys at that time so I felt that it didn't matter that much.  It mattered and it mattered ALOT to him. He just got the procedure done last month a few weeks before his 17th birthday. We were able to get it covered under our insurance due to him having documented (at doctors office) that he was suffering with a constant irritation and various other symptoms from not being circumcised.  I also have a nephew who got circumcised at 20 for similar reasons and he felt embarrassed not being circumcised.

Mom Confessions