Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
*final update*just called and talked to the mom*blood in baby's diaper**TMI**update 1**update 2***update
by Anonymous
December 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Final update:
The baby was released from the hospital today so yay!! The test results hasn't come back yet but the doctors are pretty sure it is salmonella, and they said they will call her as soon as the test comes in, but the baby was healthy enough today to be released. She is eating and drinking on her own now. The mom has to be very careful when changing her diaper because it is very contagious so she has to wash her hands thoroughly after each change which she does anyways, but other then that the baby is doing awesome!!! Thanks again for all of your prayers and support :-)

Just called and talked to the mom.. the father did make it up there which is good.. they didn't see anything from the tests they took from her diaper... but the test for the salmonella hasn't come back yet. That takes 48-72 hours for that test to come back and it hasn't been that long... it hasn't even been 24 hours yet since she even was admitted into the first hospital. They are still waiting on that test. They are also considering that it could just be a very bad virus that really messed up her insides but right now they can't be sure of anything until the salmonella test comes back... and they are not so sure now they are releasing them tomorrow either. The doctor just said she isn't making any promises, but according to the mother her baby does seem to be doing much better so I am pretty sure we are in the clear to say she is going to make it :-)

But I will definately update as soon as the test come back and let you know what the doctor says, and thanks again for all of your support... you all just don't know how much your support and prayers mean to them :-) thanks again!

There is more update:
She just text: the sample from her diaper came back and they didn't find anything in there which is good, but she is still refusing to drink or eat and the doctors are still concerned and so they can't take her off of her iv. The bleeding did stop but she still has diarhea. Right now they don't know what is going on. I am about to log off and call her now

Another Big update:
The baby is going to be fine. The got her bleeding to stop and she is starting to poop a little brown now which is good, and I could hear her talking in the background. They are talking about releasing her tomorrow. Although the test hasn't come back yet, they believe she have salmanella poisoning which is easily curable with anitbiotics...

Thank you ladies for all the encouragement and prayers..you all were awesome except that one lady but we will ignor her... but thank you and we all appreciate everything kind word, prayer and encouragement that was said last night and today.. I am so happy that this little girl is going to be okay. The father is on his way up there but she sounds like a normal happy 18 month old on the phone today :-) she is back to herself and she is doing great right now. She is even eating yogurt, and they couldn't hardly get her to eat anything except a few fries and crackers for a week.

But thanks again:-) you all were awesome! And I love our mothers pull together like this when another mother and her baby is struggling in the hospital... thanks ladies:-)

They did the xrays and didn't find the battery which is good. The doctors think she has salmanilla, and are keeping her. They are waiting for the test to come back on that to be for sure, but it looks like she will be okay if that is what it is but the doctors seem sure of it.. she was transferred last night to the other hospital so right now they are just waiting...
I will update once the test results come back, but this seems really positive now, and they will be able to treat it if it is that... thanks for all the prayers and support through out this rough ordeal, and the mother appreciates it too. I told her about what you all were saying and it brought her to tears knowing a lot of people were praying for her and her baby and were there... thanks again and I will update as soon as the results come back... I can finally breathe

Update: she just text and said she will call when she wakes up. I text and asked her if everything was alright, and there was no response so I will update later after she calls me back.

Update 2:
It is blood and she had three more diapers filled at the hospital. They are keeping her and transferring her to another hospital. She called her sister up there and she is now crying... I cannot believe this. She said she will call back when they know anything else. She said they haven't done the xrays yet, they are going to wait until they transfer her to the other hospital but they started putting iv's in her arm. I talked to my mom and she is praying and so am I. I want this baby to be okay so bad but since it has been confirmed I don't know especially since the other diapers, and the mother is really scared now, she was before but it is really becoming reality now and I told her she is going to be okay but I don't know :'(

Update1:

I am going to log off now to wait for her call but I will let y'all know something as soon as I hear what is going on...

Just called my friend. She finally made it to the hospital and they said they will bring her back as soon as there is a room available which should be any minute now so hopefully we will know something soon!

My friend came over tonight.. a week ago, she thought her baby swallowed a tiny battery. There were four batteries and one was gone and she looked everywhere so she took her baby to the worst hospital in town and they did an xray and told her that her baby didn't swallow the battery and sent her own. Soon after that her baby started coming down with what she thought was the stomach bug and she was having diarrhea, but she wasn't acting sick. Well tonight she checked her diaper and it was full. She opened and called me over and asked me if it looked like blood, my first thought was it was something red that she ate... she said she hasn't been really eating.. all she has been able to feed her is french fries and crackers, she did say she had red gatorade and I thought it could be that but she said she's had that before and it has never turned her poop red, and it didn't look like poop, it was really runny and red like blood. It didn't have a smell. When she went to wipe her there was darker chunks that looked like old blood or maybe tissue. It was really disturbing, and that baby screamed. Her poor bottom was so red and look like it was ate up from something. It looked horrible. It made me want to cry and she isn't even my child. She is six months younger then my child. She took her to another er and I am waiting to hear back from her...

Could she still have the battery the the er doctor overlooked?? This would not be their first mistake, they are the worst hospital here and I would never take my children there. My other friend went into labor at 37 weeks at that same hospital and her son had a strong heartbeat and they left her for four hours, they didn't examine her or anything, she ended up with a stillborn because the placenta detached from her uterus but they still could've saved her child I believe and she almost died as well because the doctor and nurses were negligent, and there are many more cases like this with the baby and mother could've died from that same hospital which is why I would never go there or take my child there... I would never take my pet there...

But could they have missed the battery?? And could that baby be suffering?? My friend still looked for that batter even after taking her child back home every chance she gets and still have not found it, and it hasn't come out in her diaper either... she did take the diaper with her to the hospital to show the new doctor and hopefully we will know some answers soon

Replies

• marihla
    by marihla
    December 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

OMG. Good thoughts, good thoughts. I hope this baby is ok.

• ColleenF30
    December 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Yeah it is possible. Mistakes are made everyday. I hope that child will be okay. (shudders)

• my4kids274
    December 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I have no idea.  Please keep us updated though!

• CML30
    by CML30
    December 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    That's horrible,we have a bad hospital where I live to.Hope she'll be ok.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    If it was the worst hospital y did she take baby there to begin? Im guessing the battery is still in there and now is prob eating up babys tummy. That would be my guess. Never had to deal with it. Update us when she tells u. I would sue the first hospital if they were wrong.
  • brittney28
    December 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    My ds had a bloody diaper before but it was due to milk allergy. How old is baby?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    That was what I was doing when she was over here. At first I was calm until I got closer and I almost lost it, I kinda backed up and told her to take her in, and she said, "I need to stay calm so you have to stay calm too" and I did but when she left I just started googling and her symptoms came up as what that baby was going through and I am so scared for her... both of our kids are six months apart, was not planned... I met her when I was pregnant with my oldest dd and she just found out she was pregnant with her oldest dd so I am kinda close to them

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah it is possible. Mistakes are made everyday. I hope that child will be okay. (shudders)

• starmoonlight
    December 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    I hope the baby is okay. That just sounds scary.
  • isyn3cams
    December 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    Poor baby...
  • LucyHarper
    December 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Take the baby to a different hospital right away. It sounds like something isn't right and if they did swallow the battery, it can get very very bad very very fast. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN