Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Would you donate your eggs? The compensation amount now is $8000... Why/why not
by Anonymous
December 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Replies

• tiffluv81
    December 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

oh ok. Thats good how did it go for her did she try it out.?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I have medical issues that would preclude me from being a viable donor. I looked into it about 5 years ago to help a friend. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you smoke?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would, but I would not qualify. 

• CuriousArentYa
    December 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yes, I am not using them. They could help a couple who want children and cant have them to actually have them. 

• rgba
    by rgba
    December 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    No. Plus I think there is a definite extra incentive when you are trying to have your own baby versus helping someone else...

Quoting alwayskk:

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to have a dr's appointment at 7:30 AM and I don't have a long enough lunch to have a Dr's appointment then. Did you already have kids at this time?

Quoting rgba:

I forgot about extraction, lol. I did take one day off for that.

The rest of the appts were all scheduled early (730 am) or at lunch so I wouldn't have to miss any work.

So it is definitely time consuming, but only for a bit and did not affect my job at all!

• GoddessNDaRuff
    December 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

nope

• LectioDivina
    December 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

No... this secret recipe is mine.

• mamakat070812
    December 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    Im fat so i cant.
  • livric
    by livric
    December 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Both of my children are from Egg Donor..  It is illegal to pay here in Australia.  she also did not need any time off work hardly at all.   I could never ever repay her for the gift of family she gave me and DH...

• rennez
    by rennez
    December 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    I wouldn't be able to. I'd love to be a surrogate for someone but couldn't use my egg(s). Kudos to everyone who could
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I'd have to have a lawyer read the contract to verify if it were legal or not. If legal what rights, or consequences could I be liable for. Such as in some states I could be sued for child support. So without seeing a contract and speaking to a lawyer, I'd have to say no.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM

They wound up waiting a while. She got pregnant naturally about 4 years after they stopped trying. He's 2 now.

Quoting tiffluv81:

oh ok. Thats good how did it go for her did she try it out.?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I have medical issues that would preclude me from being a viable donor. I looked into it about 5 years ago to help a friend. 

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you smoke?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would, but I would not qualify. 

Mom Confessions