Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MJuliet
worst babyshower gift?!
by MJuliet
December 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM

What was the WORST baby shower gift that you recieved during your babyshower(s)?
I wouldn't say that I got any "bad" gifts, but I did have friends that showed up without a gift for the babies.
I don't want to come off "ungrateful", but I wouldn't go to a babyshower without a gift! I thought the whole point was to shower the baby with gifts?!

oh well! ;)

What are some horror stories you have from your babyshower?!

Replies

• lacilyn
    by lacilyn
    December 3, 2012 at 2:54 AM
    mine wasn't bad and everyone brought gifts. However, my babys aunts showed up dressed like hookers, ass hanging out, mid drift tops, and cleavage out for the world to see. Then one starts telling me about "beatin this bitches ass" the night before. It was a little uncomfortable.
  • MJuliet
    by MJuliet
    December 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM

oh you poor soul! sadly, I have family like that! ;(

Quoting lacilyn:

mine wasn't bad and everyone brought gifts. However, my babys aunts showed up dressed like hookers, ass hanging out, mid drift tops, and cleavage out for the world to see. Then one starts telling me about "beatin this bitches ass" the night before. It was a little uncomfortable.

• twyliatepeka
    December 3, 2012 at 2:58 AM
    Someone gave my sil a used basket from a bouquet of flowers.

I got the worlds ugliest diaper bag at my baby shower.
  • Supervane
    December 3, 2012 at 2:58 AM
    No gift issue.... Just My husbands ex being there as a guest with her toddler!!! My MIL threw me a shower and invited her assuming it would be ok. Hmmm it wasn't!!!
  • lacilyn
    by lacilyn
    December 3, 2012 at 3:00 AM
    their no longer around. Me and baby's bio dad split up, and he and his family have no interest in ds. Been almost five years now. It's okay, they made me see how "you are the company you keep" really works.

And I now have an amazing dh who loves ds! Going thru step parent adoption next year.

And btw, I agree, I'd never show up to a shower without a gift.

Quoting MJuliet:

oh you poor soul! sadly, I have family like that! ;(

Quoting lacilyn:

• AnastasiaKorsh
    December 3, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I didn't get anything "bad."

But I also didn't expect anyone to bring gifts.

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM
    December 3, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I don't take gifts to showers. I usually take one when I go see the baby at the house.

• heartslove09
    December 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    Well my sis in law forced me into letting her throw me a babyshower while I was at my surprise babyshower my friends threw,(weird right?) so I arrive at the forced shower and every little gift was from the $dollar store and the favors were things they stole from my previous shower and they stole my cake topper and reused it for theres,WORST GIFT AND PARTY EVERRRRRRR!
  • carolyntx
    December 3, 2012 at 3:12 AM

anything with winnie the pooh on it- i HATE winnie the pooh and got several outfits/bibs with it.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    December 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Not a bad gift, bad bad sentiment. Husbands aunt gave me a bunch of bibs, so that I would put them on dd and keep her clothes nice so I could give them to her dd who was having a little girl due 2 months after my dd. She told me this at the shower. She even went through everything I got and inventoried what she wanted me to give her dd, and as I opened presents told me what she wanted and even what she thought was ugly...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN