Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
winkyloafer
Please try to have a presentable bathroom. A vent.
December 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM
I stay for a day or two with my parents so the baby can see her grandparents and my SO can rest up for hectic weekends at work. I have two sisters who live at home, ages 25 and 13. There's a guest bedroom upstairs where I sleep and after the baby's fed in the morning, I'll use the shower across the hall. As great as a morning shower is, the bathroom is atrocious.

There are clothes all over the floor. It wouldn't bother me if it was one change of clothes (older sister works nights and showers when she comes home in the morning) but we're talking about a week's worth. The towels aren't put back on the drying hooks and are usually piled in with the clothes. All of this gives off a foul odor. The worst part is getting into the shower. There's ALWAYS a huge clump of hair sitting on the faucet. There's always some in the drain and when I go to pull it out, there's a huge trail of hair coming out. It's gross but I won't shower knowing it's there. All of this hasn't been happening for the past couple of weeks since my daughter has been born. It's been an ongoing thing.

Before your panties are bunched, I have taken down the clothes into our laundry room to be washed and have even started washing them when mom isn't home. When she does see me do this, she tells me to take it back up and she'll have my sisters bring it down. Yeah, they don't. I'm almost tempted to clean the entire bathroom because they're told to do it a number of times when we visit and it isn't done.

That's about it for my vent. I only hope you all have cleaner bathrooms than the one I use.

Replies

• winkyloafer
    December 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    Or at least toss the clump of hair into the trash. This has been going on since I was a teen and my mom used to say "Put it on her pillow".

Quoting hautemama83:

Gross. Ya know the one thing I don't understand about messes like that, is its so simple to just keep up. If you pick up your shit at least every other day, it wouldn't be so bad. And how hard is it to run water to rinse out a sink, and hang up towels? Seriously.

• boys2men2soon
    December 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I would pick up the clothes and wet towels and dump them on your sisters' beds.

• winkyloafer
    December 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    There was some in our drain when we moved into a larger apartment. Nothing compared to what I yanked out this morning, though!

Quoting Anonymous:

you got me at hair in the drain

i hate that!

when we first moved into our new home the drain was covered in nasty hair that i had to pull up otherwise the water wouldnt go down, i gagged the whole time. 

blech

• winkyloafer
    December 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    I love them to death, but that'd be considered decorating.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I would pick up the clothes and wet towels and dump them on your sisters' beds.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Thats good. :)

Quoting winkyloafer:

She's looking to go back to school and finish up her nursing degree.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are old enough to know better and clean up after themselves. The 25 YO why is she at home?
    If she can't keep a bathroom clean why let her live there?
    That would bother me.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

the crazy dog and cat lady lived in our house before us

there was human dog and cat hair in the drain. Kitty litter in the vents and dog hair in the freezer

it was weird. 

Quoting winkyloafer:

There was some in our drain when we moved into a larger apartment. Nothing compared to what I yanked out this morning, though!

Quoting Anonymous:

you got me at hair in the drain

i hate that!

when we first moved into our new home the drain was covered in nasty hair that i had to pull up otherwise the water wouldnt go down, i gagged the whole time. 

blech

• Daph2387
    December 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    I was so embarrassed the other wkend whn my dd's grandparents brought her home. Her grandpa asked if he could use the bathroom and I said of course (normally always clean). Then I had forgotten tht I hadn't got to it yet to clean it up. (Was doing a major ocd scrub down tht day)
    I had forgot tht I just threw the towels and dirty clothes to seperate (hubbs never seoerates his clothes lol) on the floor in front if the baskets!!!
    Well he came out of the bathroom and said it was nice to see thy I can have a dirty bathroom for once!! I was beyond embarrassed :/
  • mommytoeandb
    December 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Is there another bathroom you could use?  Unfortunately, this will only stop if your parents see it as an issue.  Frankly, I would clean it and give that to them as their Christmas present.  LOL

• hautemama83
    December 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    Ugh that'd drive me nuts. Hair is so gross to me. And it smells bad when it sits there. LOL you should totally put it in her pillow now.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Or at least toss the clump of hair into the trash. This has been going on since I was a teen and my mom used to say "Put it on her pillow".

Quoting hautemama83:

Gross. Ya know the one thing I don't understand about messes like that, is its so simple to just keep up. If you pick up your shit at least every other day, it wouldn't be so bad. And how hard is it to run water to rinse out a sink, and hang up towels? Seriously.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I have my kids clear out the bathroom of their clothes after each shower and they have to hang the towels or else the cats would pee on them. Not my idea of a good time to pick up a towel and have a handful of cat pee and moldy towel. Ds is 11 and dd is 9. I told them they are big enough that except for the big seasonal cleans, I shouldn't have to clean up after them. I wash and fold laundry (only because I have to go a few blocks away to the laundrymat), they have to put their clothes away. I cook, they wash dishes. They throw out the trash on garbage night. They walk the dog, except for the late night walk. They are also homeschooled. Ds cleans the bathroom once a week. I clean the bathroom once a week. He is also responsible for spot cleans. I sweep and mop the house. S/O works full-time and part-time. I work part-time. Ds and dd have to contribute to the household too. They like responsibility though so that's fine. They're are just like their dad and I. On his days off from work, S/O walks the dog at night and cooks dinner. Sometimes he will help clean. Today though, instead of cleaning he is responsible for taking the kids to basketball practice. Is our house perfect? No. Right now, DS's textbooks are on the floor. The table has some used cups on it, but we clean up daily. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts