Mom Confessions

Anonymous
People who smoke are not good parents
by Anonymous
November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

This belief is what kept me from smoking. I quit the day I found out I was pregnant and never smoked again. I view (for myself) that smoking would make me less of a parent.

1. A parent who can not effectively handle stress without the aid of a drug, will not be able to teach her children to do so

2. A parent who willingly shortens their lifespan, despite being a parent, is placing instant gratification above the needs of her children

3. A parent who smokes knowing the likelihood that her smoking will lead her child to smoke in the future, is putting her addiction above the health of her child.

Now I imagine that some of you will get defensive over this post, and many of you will even make excuses as to how you can smoke and these statements don't apply to you. At the end of the day, it makes no difference how an internet stranger views your decisions. I posted this because it keeps me from smoking, and maybe someone will read it, take it to heart and it will keep them from smoking too.

Replies

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    November 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

k, well im off to smoke a nice newport now. ttyl!!!!

• MissMissfit
    November 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Meh. Every one has their own vices. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

you're welcome to your opinion.  everyone has one, just like assholes.  have a wonderful day!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Ok well I hope then you dont do any of the billion thinks that could cause cancer or shorten your lifespan. Since you are so much better than a smoker you know....

• BekkieBoodle
    Ok
  • LectioDivina

Sounds like something they give out in those addiction pamphlets...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

People who smoke are parents who smoke and all that implies. Why do people feel the need to oversimplify things and throw everything into the good or bad category. Sorry life is not that simple and you are belittling your own intelligence by making generalizations. 

• NewMama28
    November 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    AGREE.
  • Fields456
    Former smokers are worse than non-smokers.
  • slvr115
    by slvr115
    I agree. My husband quit the day I found out I was pregnant. We agreed about it beforehand. He talks about wanting a cigarette sometimes, but he hasn't smoked since.

Mom Confessions