Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
jewmaw13
super depressed =/
November 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I can't afford to buy christmas presents for everyone on my list. Obviously my kids come first, but i would really like to buy something for everyone but the sad reality is i just can't...and it really sucks a bag =,(

Replies

• Byrd15
    by Byrd15
    November 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    Do what I'm doing! 5$ Starbucks gift cards for everyone. :)
  • angie944
    November 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I wish i could buy something for everyone i know, but most of us cant.  That's really nice that you want to do that for them, but dont feel guilty about it! =)

• aprilsalcro
    November 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quoting angie944:

I wish i could buy something for everyone i know, but most of us cant.  That's really nice that you want to do that for them, but dont feel guilty about it! =)

• mila19
    by mila19
    November 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    I think people will understand and your kids do comd first! Theres always other things you can do besides buy people gifts. Idk maybe invite them over for dinner.
  • rockinmomto2

So make something. I'm working on a scarf for my mom (I bought the yarn online for $8). Can't get a silk scarf that cheap anywhere!

• DayDreamer1201

Homemade goodies are always good. Try some new recipes for sweets! 

• Hartbrayka
    November 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    Saw something really cute on the chew yesterday. Buy cheap pillar candles at te dollar store. Buy pretty Christmas ribbon or twine. And buy cinnamon stickes. Hot glue gun the cinnamon sticks all around the candle then tie it with a pretty ribbon. It was really a cute idea.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

do what I do! send Christmas cards with a nice note inside telling the person how much they mean to you. Add in a family photo too. it's way better then a gift in my opinion.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Me either. I can't even buy presents for my kids. Let alone extended family or friends. We've never had a lot of money, but i've usually been able to figure something out. We got an electric shut off notice yesterday, any hopes of having $ in the next week are going towards that. It sucks. But it is what it is I guess.
  • Hartbrayka
    November 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    Another cheap thoughtful gift is to take a nice picture of the kids, have copies made at walmart or print them on your computer. Go to dollar store and get a frame, hot glue gun a pretty bow or flower to the frame, and wala. Nice gift under $2.00

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN