Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
EvilQueenMommy
Does your child have to wear a uniform?
November 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM

This is a branch from a post about uniforms I was just curious. My son is still a toddler, but I am interested to know how many kids have to wear uniforms to school? Is this a normal thing now? Also, if you can say if it's public or private and what city or state or country you're in, if you can. You can go anon if afraid of stalkers or something.

Does your kid wear a uniform, and is it a public or private school?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 6% - Yes and it's private school
  2. 43% - Yes, and it's public school
  3. 37% - No
  4. 6% - Not school age/homeschooled/no kid
  5. 6% - Other, please explain

Replies

• atyou
    by atyou
    November 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    Our public middle schools recently switched to uniforms.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

he will once he starts next year. we have two options for school, one is a public charter school and the other is just regular public school but he will have a uniform either way

• jbirdsladie27
    November 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Yea, but it's because he's a Marine :)
  • LucyHarper
    November 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM

No, public, we live in upstate NY, I would not like it if they did have to. Our school district has commited that they will never do that though, because we are a low income area so it would not be easily affordable and they are very big on self expression.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    No, public school. Kansas City area Missouri.
  • casah4
    by casah4
    November 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Thankfully, both of my girls are in non-uniform schools this year.  I'm so happy!!

• Misery_Stitches
    November 30, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    My daughters primary school (public) bought in a uniform when she was 6 yrs old. Now most schools in the area have uniforms.

She is 11 now and moving on to intermediate school. They also have uniforms.
  • keisha613
    November 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    No but I dress my 6 year old DS (1st grade) in khakis and a polo or nice button down everyday. I wish our schools would do uniform, I'm all for it. I grew up poor and I know how cruel kids can be. That's why I dress my son as I do. He'll get made fun of, but not from not having nice clothes. No one can tell most of his khakis came from the thift store.
  • egyptian_mommy
    November 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    Public schools and no.
  • moneysaver6
    November 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    Yes. I require my kids to wear their pj's to school.

#Homeschooled

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts