Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
The unemployed life is the good life.
by Anonymous
November 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I am a SAHM, and my dh just lost his job about 2 weeks ago. I swear, that right now it seems like it was the best thing that ever happened to us. He is going to start getting unemployment and we are able to cover all of our basic bills. BUT, I am SO happy to have him at home. We get to hang out all day or do things around the house together. He is so relived to get a break from working that I am actually seeing him relax a little. I love it. 

Of course, he is looking for a new job... but I hope he doesn't get employed right away so he can have a break and we can enjoy each others company for a little longer. Yeah, we are not living the luxurious life... that's for sure, but money isn't everything. Our marriage had been struggling for awhile, but I think this is just what we needed to get back on track. 

We are trying to make the best of a bad situation, and I think it's going great!!! 

Replies

• rmspaccamonti
    November 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    My husband got a nee schedule at work, so he is home more, I love him dearly but he drives me crazy when he is here. I have a set schedule and way of running things and he messes up the kids nap times and does other things that annoy me pretty bad! I am glad he his home more for the most part because he gets more time with the kids and me. Too much time together can be tough as can not enough time.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I thought you only getting unemployment for tops  6 months? So yeah with this economy i would be worried about him finding a job.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

That sounds good right now.

• Greenstone920
    November 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I know exactly what you mean.  My DH was laid off back in February (the company cut 1/3 of the employees), and there was the immediate panic of it all, but it was so nice to have him home for a few weeks.  He was really lucky, and was hired for a better job - higher pay than what he was making, and in a lower cost-of-living area within a month of being laid off, then it was really crazy for a few months.  But, those couple weeks having him home were so nice.  It gave us a chance to bond more, and really just enjoy each other, especially during such an uncertain time.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts