Mom Confessions

504bbymami
Black sheep of the family
November 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Are you it? I'm DEF not. Lol. Actually I'm probably seen as one of the goody goodies of my family. I don't think we really have a black sheep but if we did it would probably be one of my guy cousins. I have some BAD ASS cousins Lawd! Lol

Replies

• krayzbabylove
    November 30, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    If there was one, it would probably have been me back in the day..
  • kiralyn
    by kiralyn
    November 30, 2012 at 3:14 AM
    I don't think we have one. I guess it'd be my uncle and his wife and kids. They quit talking to any of us.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I am known as a problem to my family.  At my sister's wedding way back in 1985, her FIL met me for the first time and exclaimed, "Oh, so YOU'RE the trouble maker of the family!!!!!"  I was so embarassed but it is not surprising that they talk about me like that.  I have children out of wedlock and they are of not white like me.  My family does not approve of "race mixing" and we are not included in any family get togethers or holidays etc.  I rarely talk to them, only when I call my mother.  "She has a lifelong history of MENTAL ILLNESS...." but refuses to take any responsibility for what she did to me.  I wasn't born like this. 

I have suffered from severe depression ever since childhood due to abuse at their hands and they are obviously not only disappointed in me but embarassed as well by me and how I never really amounted to much in their eyes.  I struggle so much but I am not a bad person.  Never did drugs or drank or got into legal trouble. I just haven't been a favorite, to say the least.

• 504bbymami
    November 30, 2012 at 3:16 AM
    Wow they sound like the screwed up ones. Not you. Hugs

Quoting Anonymous:

I am known as a problem to my family.  At my sister's wedding way back in 1985, her FIL met me for the first time and exclaimed, "Oh, so YOU'RE the trouble maker of the family!!!!!"  I was so embarassed but it is not surprising that they talk about me like that.  I have children out of wedlock and they are of not white like me.  My family does not approve of "race mixing" and we are not included in any family get togethers or holidays etc.  I rarely talk to them, only when I call my mother.  "She has a lifelong history of MENTAL ILLNESS...." but refuses to take any responsibility for what she did to me.  I wasn't born like this. 

I have suffered from severe depression ever since childhood due to abuse at their hands and they are obviously not only disappointed in me but embarassed as well by me and how I never really amounted to much in their eyes.  I struggle so much but I am not a bad person.  Never did drugs or drank or got into legal trouble. I just haven't been a favorite, to say the least.

• Supervane
    November 30, 2012 at 3:16 AM
    Probably.because I'm the only one who grew up in the USA. I'm already seen as non traditional.

But I don't care I've never apologized for myself or my ideas. Plus it makes me very popular with our teens and younger family members.
  • AF2011
    by AF2011
    November 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I sure am. I'm the middle child. 2 older brothers, 2 younger sisters. everyone says I'm nothing like them. I hardly drink, I never smoked nor done any drugs. My 2 older brothers and 1 sister smoke and drink pretty much every night. I'm the calm one in the family. I keep to myself. I listen to country music and not rap like the rest of them do. I want to be successful in life and they well...they rather not work. So yes I'm very much so the black sheep. always have been always will be. Oh yeah and of course I'm the first and only one to get pregnant out of my mom's kids. 

• 19bubbles91
    November 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM
    I am the black sheep but i dont mind it

Me and my SO are the most independent ones out of the 18+ in my family

being the black sheep i learned how to do a lot of stuff on my own and decided that i liked not having to ask family for money every month (like my sisters)

So i feel like being a black sheep was a good thing for me
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM

My family hates mixing races and hates Muslims so I'm the black sheep in my family since my husband is black and we're Muslims.   Since my family are racists we're in agreement they will never see our kids.  I won't allow our kids to be picked on for their skin color or our religion.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I'm sure I am because I'm on PA(getting off of it soon...hopefully) and I'm not a republican like they would prefer me to be. Oh well....they can suck a dirty,hairy nut.

• Daya81
    by Daya81

that's awful! i'm sorry! my mom's white and the 4 of us are mixed. we weren't accepted on either side. but it's gotten better on my mom's side. wouldn't know what my dad's side thinks. anyways, sometimes your "family" is chosen=0)

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions